Director of Institutional Surveys and Analysis
Director of Institutional Surveys and Analysis
PERSONNEL STATUS: Regular/Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Office of Planning, Analysis & Accountability
OPEN DATE: August 31, 2023
CLOSING DATE: September 21, 2023
The Director of Institutional Surveys and Analysis will support the Office of Planning, Analysis, and Accountability’s (OPAA) core activity of collecting, analyzing, interpreting, and presenting information on faculty, students, and staff in an effort to support evidence-based decision-making by university leadership.
- Collaboratively plan for the administration of a multitude of institutional surveys that ensures proper capacity for administration, analysis, and thoughtful use of data while following human subjects’ protection protocols.
- Collaboratively administer the institutional surveys, analyze the data and prepare reports for multiple constituents’ decision-making purposes.
- Co-lead the design of the process to organize institutional surveys across campus, including establishing a representative task force to plan policy, and identify valid and reliable surveys that can be administered so that BSU can gather much-needed information to inform improvements.
- In collaboration with Center for Academic Programs Assessment (CAPA), support academic departments with indirect survey assessment findings and with the preparation of specialized accreditation reports.
- Collaborate with non-academic units and Bowie State faculty and staff working on grants to design, plan, administer, and analyze survey data to support unit and division improvement and/or grant requirements.
- Serve on various university and academic affairs committees, as appropriate and relevant to this position.
- Serve as the institutional coordinator of enterprise surveying tools and provide professional development and technical support to approved users.
- Serve as the institutional coordinator for integrating survey results into the university’s assessment software.
- Manage and lead focus groups as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knowledge of the cultures and structures comprising higher education and its context
- Skills in research design, survey research design, quantitative and qualitative analysis, and reporting
- Ability to lead collaborative teams of peers in creative and challenging work
- Ability to independently design and manage work; but commitment to collaborative work
- Commitment to fostering Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion as an integral part of work
Advanced research skills:
- Research design and sampling
- Survey, focus group, and experimental research methods
- Enterprise database knowledge and query/extraction experience
- Statistics and predictive analytics/business intelligence
Strong oral and writing skills:
- Evidence of written and oral communication skills
- Written reports demonstrating analytic and communication skills
- Presentation experience to diverse audiences using visualization tools
- Proficiency in computer applications (e.g., Excel, SPSS) to perform duties related to the function of the office (e.g., create tables, graphics; create online surveys and report management systems; run data analysis; prepare reports)
- Use of Microsoft Office suite
- Use of online working tools (ie., zoom, OneDrive, Secure Transfer)
- Use of SPSS, STATA,
- Use of Qualtrics, EvaluationKit, SurveyMonkey
- Helps to have advanced knowledge of Excel
Qualifications: A Masters in Higher Education, Education Psychology, or related field required. A minimum of four (4) years of experience in academic assessment, evaluation, research in higher education, or related field required.
Conditions of Employment: This is a Non-Union Position. Please be advised, COVID-19 vaccinations and booster are encouraged but not required for faculty and staff to be employed at Bowie State University. This protocol is subject to change.
SALARY: $100,000 - $110,000
BSU offers a generous benefits package, which includes 22 vacation days, 13 holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
APPLICATION: Interested and qualified applicants should go to https://bowiestate.peopleadmin.com/ to apply online. Paper application submissions will not be considered.
Office of Human Resources
Bowie State University
14000 Jericho Park Road
Bowie, MD 20715
Bowie State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Auxiliary aids and services for individuals with disabilities are available upon request. Please contact the University’s EEO Officer at 301-860-3442.
In accordance with the Cleary Act of 2000, you are advised to contact the Bowie State University Campus Police Office for Disclosure of Criminal Incidents that occur on our campus.