Summary Marketing Coordinator Lorton, VA
Chenega MIOS supports the military, federal, and commercial entities at home and abroad. Together, the companies aligned under the MIOS SBU offer a diverse and complementary range of capabilities that strengthen our capacity for shared knowledge and mission-focused service to our customers.
The Marketing Coordinator
will be responsible for supporting the efforts of the marketing team to carry out marketing campaigns and tasks. Responsibilities
- Plan and manage trade shows, conferences, and company morale events, including the annual charity golf tournament and holiday party.
- Maintain an inventory and directory of company merchandise for onboarding and events.
- Research relevant sources for content to develop and maintain company social channels, including but not limited to LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Post marketing and news updates through internal communication channels, including company intranet and Yammer.
- Assist with content management upkeep using Microsoft O365 tools such as OneDrive and SharePoint libraries.
- Maintain accurate expense reports and receipts as well as travel arrangements for the Marketing department.
- Carry out other related tasks as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Marketing/Communications associate degree OR one year of marketing experience
How you'll grow
- Ability to travel as needed and attend evening and weekend events as required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, most specifically, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook (SharePoint experience a plus)
- Knowledge of Internet usage, research, and marketing, including social media
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Cloud a plus
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously
- Ability to communicate (orally and in writing) in a professional manner when dealing with employees, customers, and company contacts
- Requires self-direction, tact, diplomacy, and a clear, courteous, and professional manner when dealing with the public
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition Team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program