Senior TherapistWest End Wellness Center
The City of Alexandria is located in northern Virginia and is bordered by the District of Columbia (Potomac River), Arlington and Fairfax counties. With a population of approximately 150,000 and a land area of 15.75 square miles, Alexandria is the seventh largest city in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Alexandria has a charming waterfront and is a unique and historic place to live and work. If you are interested in working for the vibrant City of Alexandria, we invite qualified candidates to apply for our Senior Therapist
Under the guidance and assistance of the assigned supervisor, the Senior Therapist will provide individual and group psychotherapy, clinical evaluations, and case management services to mental health consumers as a member of the West End Wellness Team.What You Should Bring
The ideal candidate will have thorough knowledge of individual and group behavior including thorough knowledge of treatment issues related to psychiatric problems, dual-diagnosis, and chemical dependency, good knowledge of psychopharmacology, psychiatric disorders, alcoholism/drug addiction, juvenile delinquency, and/or elderly and aging, ability to work successfully with a variety of consumers, ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing with other professionals and with the public, ability to plan and supervise the work of interns or students. Example of Duties
About the Department
- Provides individual and group psychotherapy to mental health consumers with serious mental illness, including consumers with a dual diagnosis, in a psychosocial rehabilitation setting.
- Conducts clinical assessments and evaluations for the program and insurance authorizations.
- Provides care coordination and clinical case management services to consumers.
- Formulates diagnoses and treatment plans for mental health consumers.
- Provides emergency and crisis intervention services to consumers.
- Provides clinical support and consultation for other members of the team.
- Initiates medical, psychiatric, and psychological evaluation referrals as needed.
- Participates in staff development.
- Maintains clinical records in an Electronic Health Record (Credible) in accordance with State, City, Departmental, and Federal compliance requirements which includes collaborative and same day documentation.
- Performs related work as required.
The Center for Adult Services (CAS) provides programs and services in Aging, Adult Protective Services, Clinical & Emergency Services, and Community & Residential Support Services for seniors and for persons with mental illness, intellectual disabilities and substance use disorders. CAS provides compassionate and effective person-centered services based on best practices. Our teams support self-determination, safety and recovery for Alexandria residents affected by abuse, neglect, mental illness, intellectual disabilities and substance abuse disorders.Minimum & Additional Requirements
Possession of Master’s degree in Social Work, Mental Health Counseling, Psychology, Education or related field, at least two years of post-graduate work experience in providing direct clinical services to consumers having one or more substance abuse, psychiatric, and emotional disorders, and licensure or license eligible (has completed all required education and supervision as required by applicable board) as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Substance Abuse Treatment Practitioner (LSATP) or Clinical Psychologist in the Commonwealth of Virginia at the time of appointment, if license eligible, the employee must obtain Virginia licensure at the first available opportunity, but no later than one year after appointment, or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Employees must possess a valid driver's license issued by the state of their residence if they are in a position with driving responsibilities. Preferred Qualifications
Licensed as a LCSW or Clinical Psychologist in Virginia at the time of appointment, fully bilingual (both written and spoken) with the ability to competently provide therapy in both languages to native speakers. Notes
This position requires the successful completion of pre-employment background checks including but not limited to: FBI/Federal Records Check, VA State Child Abuse/Neglect Registry, Medicare/Medicaid Fraud Database, education/certifications, and driver’s license.Schedule:
Monday through Friday, 8:30AM - 5:00PM with some evening hours.