Compensation AnalystAn Overview
The Compensation Analyst is a member of in the City's Department of Human Resources (DHR) Compensation & HRIS team, supporting assigned departments with their compensation needs. The Compensation Analyst is an entry level compensation role that is responsible for transactional compensation actions including requests from City departments, providing analytical support to higher level compensation staff, triaging requests, and maintaining reporting for the division, and conducting regular annual processes including benchmark analysis. This position maintains positive and consultative relationships with City departments and provides some consultation of basic compensation requests.
The candidate selected for this opportunity should have some exposure to compensation in their work as an HR professional and enjoys analytical and technical work. Candidates should have a general understanding of pay programs. A successful candidate will have some experience providing customer service support, has strong experience conducting analysis using Excel, and has experience creating reports and presenting findings.The Opportunity
About the Department
- Reviews and responds to requests of a transactional nature, including but not limited to determining eligibility for standard pay types and implementing in alignment with the City’s policies and practices (e.g. acting pay, transfer pay, retention pay, calculating pay as a result of promotions and demotions), identifying new hire salaries, issuing discretionary rewards, etc.
- Conducts analysis of requests, gathers data, interviews stakeholders and employees as appropriate, and provides recommendations to departments that align with the City's compensation philosophy and the business objectives of the departments. Seeks guidance from compensation team and leadership as appropriate.
- Develops and presents HR findings directly to departments. Provides guidance to implement compensation actions as needed.
- Conducts benchmarking analysis, developing, and presenting findings to communicate results.
- Participates in and supports projects and initiatives in compensation.
- Assists in the maintenance of the City's classifications and pay programs.
- Monitors and coordinates the Compensation division's intake and distribution of department requests.
- Participates in surveys and responds to requests for information from other jurisdictions. Maintains professional relationships with colleagues in the Classification and Compensation public sector arena, including those in the City's approved comparator jurisdictions.
- Provides analytical support to Compensation Consultants for complex compensation processes.
- Performs related work as required.
The Department of Human Resources is made up of a dedicated team of professionals working to support the strategic direction of the City government through the recruitment, development, and retention of a high quality workforce capable of delivering public services in a complex and stimulating community environment. Through thoughtful planning and the diligent execution of work, the Department of Human Resources focuses on the critical needs of our dynamic organization and its employees.Minimum & Additional Requirements
To qualify for this position, all candidates must possess a bachelor's degree; three years professional experience in a human resources management field; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Preferred Qualifications
To be considered as an ideal candidate, candidates should have some exposure to compensation as a part of their HR experience that provides basic compensation knowledge from which to build on their compensation experience in this position. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and experience writing and presenting reports are a plus.
This posting will be open until filled.