ERP International is seeking a Registered Dietitian
for a full-time position in support of Health Promotion services at the Eglin Hospital, Eglin AFB, FL. Apply online today and discover more about this outstanding employment opportunity. www.erpinternational.comBe the Best!
Join our team of exceptional health care professionals across the nation. Come discover the immense pride and job satisfaction ERP Employees experience in providing care for our Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans! ERP International is honored to have been named one of The Washington Post's 2023 Top Workplaces! * Excellent Compensation & Exceptional Comprehensive Benefits!* Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Plus 11 Paid Federal Holidays! * Medical/Dental/Vision, STD/LTD/Life, and Health Savings Account available!* Annual CME Stipend and License/Certification Reimbursement!* Matching 401K!About ERP International, LLC:
ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide. ERP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran.ResponsibilitiesWork Schedule:
Monday - Friday, 9 hours between 7:00am and 4:00pm, with a one hour lunch
No weekends or holidaysJob Specific Position Duties:
The duties include, but are not limited to the following:
QualificationsMinimum Qualifications:* Education:
- Administers comprehensive nutrition prevention programs, nutrition assessment, prescriptions, coaching/counseling, and various other health and nutrition programs/activities that meet the needs of the installation community at large.
- Coordinates with H2H & HP staff to deliver programs in a variety of community settings to include the MTF, community facilities, and individual unit worksites.
- Executes nutrition policy and program requirements IAW instruction and guidance established by AF/SG.
- Uses a wide range of principles, practices and procedures of the science of dietetics and behavior change theories required to plan, implement and evaluate H2H and HP nutrition programs.
- In partnership with H2H staff, assesses nutrition behaviors, environment and needs of the beneficiary population using available and applicable tools; determine/prioritize appropriate installation nutrition priorities IAW AF HP healthy weight and nutrition goals.
- Employs evidenced-based nutrition methods and behavior change theories in conjunction with the H2H and HP staff to develop, coordinate, implement, market and evaluate comprehensive primary, secondary and tertiary nutrition programs and services, as well as other related health and wellness programs, aimed at nutrition improvement, total force readiness and disease prevention/intervention for the beneficiary population.
- Regularly researches, develops/acquires, and maintains materials to implement comprehensive evidence-based nutrition programs and services to meet population health priorities and beneficiary needs.
- Provides Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) for clients from the MTF and as mission allows develops nutrition components of chronic disease management protocols.
- Employs adult learning, behavior change theories (e.g. Motivational Interviewing, coaching, counseling), and teaching techniques to conduct a variety of individual and group nutrition and lifestyle interventions.
- Maintains data quality management (e.g. coding, MEPRS) and reporting requirements in program execution IAW AF instruction and guidance, the Joint Commission and Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care.
- Documents nutrition education and/or medical nutrition therapy IAW AND Nutrition Care Process, AND Nutrition Care Manual and other applicable standards in the electronic health record.
- Provides expertise to develop, implement, and evaluate nutrition programs for all populations.
- Communicates and coordinates nutrition health promotion programs among local leadership and targets beneficiary populations.
- Employs appropriate social marketing tools to meet program goals and objectives.
- Participates in teleconferences, updates, working groups, review panels, symposiums related to nutrition education/MNT programming, management or operations.
- Delivers briefings, educational sessions, seminars, and worksite wellness programs as needed.
- Maintains positive relationships with both internal and external MHS customers.
- Works closely with the interdisciplinary team to identify target populations.
A bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) or completion of a Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) accredited by the ACEND or completion of a post- Baccalaureate degree Dietetic Internship Program of supervised practice (for a minimum of 1200 hours) accredited by ACEND.* Experience:
No less than three (3) years of experience in the last 5 years in health promotion, obesity & weight management and lifestyle counseling, including knowledge of the Diabetes Prevention Program Outcomes studies and the National Diabetes Prevention Program. Must have experience coordinating and facilitating group health education classes and activities, organizing and implementing outreach events, and working with both youth and adult populations.* Licensure/Registration:
Must maintain currency through continuing education in dietetics and nutrition in compliance with the CDR of the ACEND requirements* Clinical Certification:
Eligible for Certification in Health Education from the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing (NCHEC). NCHEC certification preferred. * Life Support Certification:
Possess and maintain an AHA or ARC Basic Life Support (BLS).* Security:
Must possess ability to pass a Government background check/security clearance.