Summary Security SME Reston, VA
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
At Cyberstar, we aim to analyze and boost human and business performance through the implementation of business process redesign and information technology (IT) modernization to include data analytics and cloud computing.
We offer an alternate solution to improving the quality and effectiveness of business operations. In an ever-changing economy, Cyberstar helps companies better read and understand their market data through the synchronization of process innovation, human dynamics, analysis, and the integration of data technology capabilities, to ensure functional optimization in their business.
The Security SME
will provide the support task requirements for Cybersecurity System Engineering Support, Cybersecurity Network Domain Certification, Accreditation Support, and Cross Domain Solution (CDS) Assessment and Authorization (A&A) Support. The Security SME
will perform the tasks in coordination with government personnel to provide the cybersecurity support services and solutions necessary to analyze, assess, integrate, enhance, improve, modernize, implement, test, sustain, and maintain customer mission support systems and capabilities. Responsibilities
- Provide support of cybersecurity network domain Authorization and Accreditation (A&A) support and execution activities, including multiple customer systems on the unclassified with CAC/PIV, and TS/SCI networks.
- Perform the necessary efforts to analyze, assess, evaluate, integrate, improve, implement, test, sustain, and maintain the cybersecurity posture and capabilities required by the network domain operations compliance requirements.
- Develop and prepare the required security control documents or artifacts and conduct security control assessments and security tests and evaluations required by the respective network authorities and A&A processes, like the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Perform all necessary cyber domain activities to ensure the baselines follow the respective network domain-mandated standards and authorization to connect requirements.
- Develop and document security design artifacts and the associated security controls that meet the security acceptance criteria and package the accreditation and authorization documents in support of each domain Authorization and Accreditation process.
- Prepare and document the risk mitigations and maintain and update the Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) as required by the network domain Authorizing Official (AO).
- Perform technical vulnerability scanning and secure configuration assessments, penetrate testing, analyze the scan results, recommend plans of action, and update the POA&M accordingly.
- Support Assessment and Authorization (A&A) or other RMF and cybersecurity compliance, auditing processes, and inspections for all enterprise systems and networks.
- Ensure validity and accuracy review of all associated documentation.
- Perform compliance reviews of computer security plans, perform risk assessments, and validate and perform security test evaluations and audits.
- Analyze and define security requirements for information protection for enterprise systems and networks.
- Assist in the development of security policies.
- Analyze the sensitivity of the information and perform vulnerability and risk assessments based on defined sensitivity and information flow.
- Assess security risk, research, and recommend countermeasures by Army and DoD requirements.
- Conduct formal security engineering assessments and security assessments.
- Provide onsite customer support in their SCIF located in Reston, VA a minimum of 3 days per week.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of experience
- 5+ years of working experience directly related to IC or DoD cybersecurity certification and accreditation or cybersecurity engineering activities
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with DoD and Army cybersecurity policies and regulations and the Authorization and Accreditation (A&A) process, including the provisions of ICD 503, the planning and execution of Security Test and Evaluation (STE), and Cybersecurity Test and Evaluation (CTE) events
- Minimum CISSP, CISM, DoD 8570 IAM III certified
- Possess and maintain a valid state driver's license.
- Active TS/SCI clearance required (with CI Poly preferred)
How you'll grow
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Ability to occasionally work after hours and/or on-call support.
- Ability to work independently and yet be effective within a team setting
- Must be capable of managing multiple efforts with time-related constraints in a fast-paced contracting environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals.
- Friendly presence, helpful attitude, good interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Office applications
- Ability to provide technical assistance and support over the phone with good phone skills and a professional demeanor.
- Previous customer service experience strongly desired.
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. We believe there's always room to learn from entry-level employees to senior leaders.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to our relationships with our clients, team members, and communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition Team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program