6 days left
- Full Time
As an ASHA Software Developer, you will work both independently and with project teams to plan, build, and support in-house and public-facing applications that serve the organization and our 228,000 members and affiliates. You will help research and apply new technologies and assist with the adoption of a more DevOps-centric approach.
Every day you will:
- Work as part of a talented and friendly development team to create new tools and services.
- Apply your creativity independently and jointly to implement innovative solutions.
- Collaborate with other Information Systems teams, a variety of organizational business units, and third-party vendors.
To thrive in this role, you need to:
- Be comfortable working autonomously and communicate effectively with your home and project team(s).
- Be open to continuous learning as the team adopts and refines new tools and software.
- Enjoy participating in a wide variety of projects utilizing a range of technologies.
Be willing to say “goodbye” to working through your evenings and weekends. You’ll be joining an organization and team that prioritizes work-life balance, and to only a slightly lesser degree, trying new and delicious foods together.
In this role, your primary objective will be the development, implementation, and maintenance of our internal and external business applications, providing critical support for ASHA's operations.
- Conducting user requirements analysis, system design, development, and ensuring quality control.
- Generating detailed technical documentation relevant to the technology in use.
- Overseeing assigned application and database development, as well as maintenance projects, with an emphasis on timely and precise completion.
- Offering technical support to end-users, including problem diagnosis, resolution, and comprehensive documentation.
- Evaluating third-party software to ensure alignment with user requirements for business applications.
- Establishing and maintaining integrations with external vendor systems.
- Investigating and prototyping with emerging technologies to keep our systems updated and competitive.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or a related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience.
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Experience with Microsoft OSs and 365 productivity tools.
- Proven ability to produce clear, precise technical documentation.
- A track record of application development using Software Development Lifecycle and Agile methodologies.
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Experience in business application development.
- Robust analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Adaptability to swiftly changing priorities.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration abilities.
- Strong communication skills.
- Aptitude for learning new software applications rapidly.
- Capability to analyze, document user requirements, and translate these into program specifications.