Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary Systems Administrator for DTRA's TS/SCI enclave to include daily monitoring responsibilities within a SCIF environment.
- DoD PKI enabled front end Web server installation, configuration, and administration, as well as security vulnerability mitigation and remediation IAW DISA STIGs and various scans.
- Implement DoD and local SSO security requirements, including STIG, Virus Scan, compliance scanning, HBSS, and local security policies, while maintaining system efficiency, maintainability, and supportability.
- Install and configure new software as required and install software patches as they become available.
- Troubleshoot, debug, and resolve software, system, network, and security related issues.
- Work with software vendor technical support to overcome issues, including software, configuration, and compatibility issues with DoD compliant security environment.
- Develop and maintain required system documentation (as-builts, SOPs, work instructions, TTPs etc)
- Minimum DOD Top Secret Clearance with SCI eligibility
- 8570 IAT II level certification, i.e. Security + CE
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant technical experience
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)/Bachelor of Science (BS) degree or equivalent work experience. Years of work experience may be substituted one for one with college years.
- Experience administering applications in VMware environment
- Experience with Windows Server OS and troubleshooting
- Proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Organizational Skills: Can plan and prioritize work. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard. Good attention to detail.
- Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context.
- US Citizen
We are seeking a System Administrator, JWICS to provide technical support for our customer Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) ITSS II contract in Fort Belvoir, VA.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the upmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Fort Belvoir, VA
- Type of environment: Fast paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Noise level: Low
- Work schedule: Regular daytime shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs
- Amount of Travel: 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Active DoD Top Secret Clearance level with ability to obtain SCI clearance OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.