Electrical Engineering Technician
Bethesda, MD Join our Talent Network
The Electrical Engineering Technician assists NAVFAC WASH with performance of electrical engineering statement of work development. The Electrical Engineering Technician is familiar with both Design-Bid-Build and Design-Build, delivery methods for projects, and should have the ability to estimate design/construction efforts of scopes of works and assist the Contracting Officer in the negotiations of statements of work with the General Contractor. The Electrical Engineering Technician can review contractor submittals and respond to requests for information (RFI's).
- Responsible for providing guidance and consultation for electrical power distribution, lighting, and telecommunications systems.
- Responsible for performing inspections and developing studies, designs, construction documents.
- Perform on-site field inspections of on-going construction projects.
- Assist the construction manager in monitoring the status of construction progress for quality and timeliness of construction on contracts that involve technically complex electrical system aspects.
- Review plans and specifications for complex electrical systems in such facilities as hospitals, power plants, geothermal heat, plating shop projects and other sophisticated projects involving complex and highly technical electrical equipment and systems.
- Review and recommend approval of shop drawings, samples of materials and components, catalog information, and certificates of compliance.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- 5+ years of experience is required in the field of designing and producing electrical facility design drawings and specifications.
- Background check required with the ability to obtain an interim secret or secret clearance, prior to hire and start.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Certified as a Master Electrician is a plus.
- Substantial knowledge and practical application of electrical design concepts, theories, principles, practices, and techniques necessary to plan, design, construct, and maintain a wide range of shore based engineering projects.
- Have a thorough knowledge of electrical systems, which include progressively difficult substantial experience in this filed.
- Ability to function independently, interpreting, adapting, and supplementing this knowledge as necessary to complete the task, test, or project.
- Knowledge of DoD and Navy guide specifications, criteria and policy, industry codes and standards, and standard practices as related to electrical engineering design including the NFPA 70 (National Electrical Code), IEEE C2 (National Electrical Safety Code), and the International Building Code.
- Knowledge of Design-Bid-Build (DBB) and Design-Build (DB) Contracts.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Join our Talent Network