Hurlburt Field, FL Join our Talent Network
Chenega Agile Real-Time Solutions (CARS)
Chenega Job Title: Systems Engineer
Clearance: Secret Clearance
Location: Hurlburt Field, FL
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full Time, Regular
TheSystems Engineeris responsible for the design and development of an interactive virtual training tool for system and network administrators to accomplish Mission Qualification Training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Assist in maintaining, sustaining, and updating the current on-premise application with the DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) process.
- Provide systems engineering support as a member of an integrated team to sustain the execution of the current and future application functionality.
- Utilize Agile Software methodology to build and sustain capability in short cycles.
- Sustain the production baseline as well as work new Change Requests (CRs), including modernization efforts, in support of the baseline. CRs shall include user prioritized CRs, rare urgent CRs, DR fixes, and very time compressed urgent CRs.
- Assist in delivery of all software and all its components, capabilities, artifacts, and software support information including design information and compilation, build, and modification procedures for suite components.
- Maintain current baseline and continue to update virtual systems to most current releases as directed by the government.
- Document test and evaluation events and activities to be accomplished for the lifecycle of the application.
- Perform in-plant testing, including but not limited to, unit code tests, smoke tests, regression tests, quality assurance, security/vulnerability, and C2 integration testing as required.
- Attend and/or facilitate product demonstrations at the request of the user community.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Associate degree in systems engineering or related field
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3+ years' experience in systems engineering and testing and evaluation
- 2+ years' additional experience may be used in lieu of associate degree
- Experience with DI2E software collaboration tools to include but not limited to: JIRA, Confluence, Subversion, Git, and code scanning tools like Fortify
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux, VMware, Citrix, NetApp, and SCCM
- Experience in Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration techniques
- Active secret security clearance
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to obtain Baseline IAT-II certification IAW DoD 8570.01-M.
- Leadership and self-direction skills are highly desired.
- Ability to solve complex problems utilizing creative thinking skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to critically analyze and understand the systems and communicate system requirements to the customer and leadership.
- Ability to travel CONUS and OCONUS as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain OCONUS travel documentation.
- Ability to work nights, weekend, and holidays as required.
- Ability to maintain and keep a secret security clearance.
- Ability to obtain and maintain USAF CAC.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Join our Talent Network