DevOps and Integration Software Engineer
Hurlburt Field, FL Join our Talent Network
Chenega Agile Real-Time Solutions (CARS)
Chenega Job Title: DevOps and Integration Software Engineer
Clearance: Secret Clearance
Location: Hurlburt Field, FL
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full Time, Regular
TheDevOps and Integration Software Engineeris responsible for design, implementation, and configuration management of software and systems for the development of an interactive virtual training tool for system and network administrators.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and implement customized build, testing, deployment, and configuration management software and processes (CI/CD).
- Develop, build, and test automation scripts and configurations for infrastructure provisioning.
- Manage code deployments to multiple environments.
- Develop and maintain scripts and software configurations to generate custom reports and quality metrics.
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members on DevSecOps.
- Design, develop, and implement ways to improve development delivery based on peer feedback, metrics, and new technologies.
- Maintain day-to-day management and administration of software and virtualized systems projects.
- Provide support for infrastructure development and application development.
- Facilitate and participate in Agile development ceremonies (scrum, retrospectives).
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering or related field
- Equivalent combination of education and experience can be used in lieu of degree
- 5+ years of experience in developing, implementing, and maintaining full-stack software applications utilizing languages such as Java or Python
- Experience working with virtualization and container technologies (such as VMware ESXi, Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift)
- Experience working with project collaboration tools to include (or equivalent to) JIRA, Confluence, GitLab
- Experience utilizing software repository management with Git highly desirable
- Experience developing CI/CD scripts, configurations, and processes across multiple environments
- Experience with software package/library/dependency management
- Experience standing up systems for development, testing, or dedicated build processes associated with software applications, databases, project management software or metrics reporting highly desirable
- Experience with automated code scanning tools like SonarQube highly desirable
- Experience with cryptographic standards and secure application development and deployment highly desirable
- Experience in software development utilizing Java
- Secret clearance required
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Baseline IAT-II certification IAW DoD 8570.01-M requirements preferred.
- Leadership and self-direction skills are highly desired.
- Ability to solve complex problems utilizing creative thinking skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to critically analyze and understand the systems and communicate system requirements to the customer and leadership.
- Strong knowledge about Agile methodology and frameworks (Scrum, Kanban), user stories, continuous integration, ATDD, TDD, continuous testing, pairing, automated testing, and agile games.
- Knowledge about the value of metrics and incremental delivery.
- Knowledge about backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, etc.
- Ability to take and understand the commitment to deliver the product on time.
- Ability to obtain IAT-II certification IAW DoD 8570.01-M requirements.
- Ability to travel CONUS and OCONUS as required.
- Ability to obtain and maintain OCONUS travel documentation.
- Ability to work nights, weekend, and holidays as required.
- Ability to maintain and keep a secret security clearance.
- Ability to maintain and obtain USAF CAC.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Join our Talent Network