Alexandria, VA Join our Talent Network
Chenega IT Enterprise Services is currently seeking talented individuals to add to our Talent Network. System Administrator
TheSystem Administrator provides technical expertise to manage IT systems administration for both unclassified and classified systems, hosted on-premises, hybrid-cloud, and cloud environments. This will include IaaS in the cloud environments and infrastructure support for hardware (servers, PCs, and peripherals), Operating Systems (OS), and software.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, maintain, configure, optimize, and secure network operating systems and storage operating systems, including Microsoft Windows, Linux, and VMware server operating systems.
- Conduct planning, image testing, and deployment, administration, and day-to-day maintenance of desktop and server operating systems, software applications and supporting license servers, and hardware utilized on user workstations and servers, including Army Geospatial Center (AGC GISO) enterprise applications, like BMC asset management, ticketing system, SolarWinds, and Splunk, et al.
- Apply appropriate Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and provide the check reports with explanations of the results in a government-approved format by DoD and apply and maintain Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM), SARs, CTO, and other applicable directive compliance in accordance with timelines as specified.
- Design, implement and maintain data storage/back-up/recovery, server software and firmware upgrades, and standard server maintenance. Support also includes the design, implementation, and/or ongoing sustainment of Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange services.
- Support and maintain the operating systems, patches, upgrades, and apply Cyber Security requirements for systems
- Manage government-approved versions of UNIX, Linux (RHEL, CentOS, Amazon Linux, Ubuntu), Solaris, Windows (server and workstation), and other operating systems as new requirements arise.
- Monitor network performance to include the server, network (wired and wireless), and virtualization environments. Support shall include the use of SolarWinds, or an approved network monitoring tool, to provide monitoring and alert notifications of mission-critical assets. Wireless support is limited to scanning for unauthorized devices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- AA/AS degree required
- 5+ years of systems administration/vulnerability management experience with the DoD
- DoD 8570 IAT II (Security+ minimum)
- TS/SCI clearance required
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Outgoing team player and self-motivated individual with excellent communication skills with the ability and desire to interact with all users and work closely with other technical staff or independently.
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task effectively under pressure with the ability to frequently re-assess priorities for multiple tasks or projects.
- Strong time management and resource management capabilities.
- Operational experience with Non-classified Internet Protocol Router (NIPR), Secure Internet Protocol Router (SIPR), Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications Systems (JWICS), Design, Development, Test, and Evaluation (DDTE), Defense Research and Engineering Network (DREN), Secret Defense Research and Engineering Network (SDREN), Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS GovCloud (US), milCloud, SC2S, and/or C2S.
- Manage Active Directory, configure and manage Windows Network Policy Server (Dot1X, RADIUS), configure Group Policy Objects (GPO), and apply and/or assess the operating system, web server, and web application STIGs and SRGs.
- Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), CentOS, and understanding/experience with the application of Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA), Information Assurance Support Environment (IASE), Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), and SRGs and DoD, Army, and IC policies and procedures.
- IIS, Splunk, BMC, Ivanti, SolarWinds, ArcGIS, Backup Exec, and HBSS.
- Experience with NetApp, Quantum, and/or Nimble storage products and cloud storage, like AWS EBS, EFS, S3, S3 IA, and Glacier.
- Computing environment training or certification in Microsoft, Red Hat, NetApp, Quantum, EMC, Nimble, VMware, Brocade, Juniper, or Cisco.
- Ability to build, operate, and maintain Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016, RHEL, and CentOS 6, 7 servers, including Windows Server 2019.
- Install, configure, manage, and maintain VMware vSphere 6.x and ESXi, and vCenter.
- Configure and manage MS SQL and PostgreSQL databases and apply and/or assess database STIGs or SRG.
- Experience with disaster recovery configurations.
- Knowledgeable in application transport and network infrastructure protocols (SSL/TLS, Domain Name Server (DNS), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), Network Time Protocol (NTP), Secure Shell (SSH), Hypertext Transfer Protocol( HTTP/S), Simpler Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), and Microsoft AD) and possess an understanding of how to support these applications/protocols.
- Experience with systems and data encryption.
- Experience with fail-over clusters, load balancing, and data replication technologies.
- Familiarity with configuring both CISCO and Brocade Fibre Channel switches.
- Must have an advanced working knowledge of a variety of computer software applications with word processing, spreadsheets, database (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), and Outlook.
- Must have strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards and strong technical knowledge of telecommunications, networks, and PC operating systems.
Join our Talent Network