Senior Help Desk Technician
Alexandria, VA Join our Talent Network
Chenega IT Enterprise Services is currently seeking talented individuals to add to our Talent Network. Senior Help Desk Technician
TheSenior Help Desk Technician leads a team that provides the services, staff, and expertise to operate and maintain the AGC Service Desk functions, including the ticketing system and operational support and troubleshooting onsite or remotely as required by Tier I, Tier II, and Tier III technicians.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with supporting agencies as needed to support Non-classified Internet Protocol Router (NIPR), Defense Research and Engineering Network (DREN), Secure Internet Protocol Router (SIPR), Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications Systems (JWICS), Secret Defense Research and Engineering Network (SDREN), Design, Development, Test, and Evaluation (DDTE), Battle Lab Collaborative Simulation Environment (BLCSE), Amazon Web Services (AWS) GovCloud, and other external service desks as required.
- Provide user support for Video Teleconference (VTCs), account management, patching and vulnerability management support, inventory, asset management, and tracking to maintain Tenant Security Plans for NIPR and SIPR and Approval To Connect (ATC) plans for JWICS and support for Data Transfer Across domain activities.
- Lead service desk functions, including installing computer equipment (printers, multi-function devices, VTC, and VOIP devices) and software and returning malfunctioning devices to full operation.
- Monitor, remediate, and report any cybersecurity vulnerabilities and relevant changes applied during maintenance activities, including patches applied to resolve open IAVMs or configuration changes that affect compliance with applicable NIST SP 800-53 security controls.
- Lead the service desk efforts to document core Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), user Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), self-help and troubleshooting guides as a part of an integrated ticketing system, document configuration of devices, update and maintain TSP and ATC documents, provide documented responses to programmatic data calls and metrics, and input to monthly and weekly activity reports and other deliverables, while adhering to program quality standards.
- Develop preventive maintenance plans for computer devices and perform regularly scheduled preventive maintenance of the systems and peripherals IAW the government-approved maintenance plans and support efforts to degauss and sanitize data from decommissioned media or equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree required
- Master's degree in management or a technology field preferred
- 10+ years of DoD experience
- DoD 8570 IAT II certified
- Security+ minimum
- ITIL preferred
- TS/SCI clearance required
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have an advanced working knowledge of a variety of computer software applications with word processing, spreadsheets, database (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), and Outlook
- Strong technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and standards, and strong technical knowledge of telecommunications, networks, and PC operating systems
- Ability to properly apply STIGS as needed
- Familiarity with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Window Server Update Services (WSUS), SHAVLIK, and other patching tools
- Ability to understand IAVAs and remediate issues as needed
Join our Talent Network