Help Desk Technician
Alexandria, VA Join our Talent Network
TheHelp Desk Technician possesses and applies a comprehensive technical knowledge across key tasks and high-impact assignments and can provide customer-centric support to network users regardless of domain. TheHelp Desk Technician delivers services, staff, and expertise to operate and maintain service desk functions that provide a ticketing system, operational support, and troubleshooting onsite or remotely as required by Tier I, Tier II, and Tier III technicians.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and update the service desk ticketing system where each request is assigned a ticket to the appropriate personnel.
- Serve as a coordinator with external support stakeholders as need be to support Non-classified Internet Protocol Router (NIPR), Defense Research and Engineering Network (DREN), Secure Internet Protocol Router (SIPR), Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communication System (JWICS), Secure Defense Research and Engineering Network (SDREN), Design, Development, Test, and Evaluation (DDTE), Battle Lab Collaborative Simulation Environment (BLCSE), Amazon Web Services (AWS) GovCloud, and other external service desks as required.
- Install, maintain, and support baseline desktop/laptop images provided by Regional Network Enterprise Center (RNEC) Ft. Belvoir for NIPR and SIPR and Intelligence and Security Command/Ground Intelligence Support Activity (INSCOM/GISA) for JWICS, including Microsoft Windows operating systems, Office 365 Pro Suite of applications, including MS Teams and Outlook and other applications, like Adobe Acrobat, MS Edge, Google Chrome, computer drivers, encryption tools, and required security patches.
- Monitor, remediate, and report any cybersecurity vulnerabilities and relevant changes applied during maintenance activities, including patches applied to resolve open IAVMs or configuration changes that affect compliance with applicable NIST SP 800-53 security controls.
- Configure, diagnose, and correct problems on hardware, like personal computers (PCs), Multi-Function Devices, VOIP, VTCs, printers, scanners, plotters, modems, card readers, and other peripherals.
- Perform upgrades and install new or replacement hardware.
- Maintain Active Directory, adding systems or users, resetting passwords, diagnosing login problems, and identifying the source of a problem as a group policy or network.
- Provide user account management support from creation through deletion, including SIPR token management for NIPR, DREN, SIPR, JWICS, SDREN, DDTE, BLCSE, and AWS GovCloud.
- User accounts currently include AGC's Front Office, GRL, Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC), World Association of Sustainable Environment (WASD), System Acquisition Support Division (SASD), Special Program Office (SPO), The Army Tactical Exploitation of National Capabilities (TENCAP) office at AGC/Ft. Belvoir Headquarters, US Army Corps of Engineers and Transatlantic Division (TAD), BLCSE, and AWS GovCloud.
- Support secure and non-secure video systems, including Video Teleconference (VTC) and desktop Local Area Network (LAN) VTC systems and web-based collaboration tools.
- Schedule rooms, and connections, and operate VTC equipment supporting approximately fifty sessions per month.
- Develop and document core service desk SOPs, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), and self-help and troubleshooting guides and provide input to weekly and monthly status reports, metrics, programmatic data calls, and deliverables as needed.
- Assist with asset inventory, tracking changes, and applying updates to the master hardware and software list, (i.e., Tenant Security Plan (TSP) for NIPR and SIPR and the Approval to Connect (ATC)) for JWICs utilizing a combination of physical inventory and an automated asset management system for tracking assets and generating reports.
- Support efforts to decommission equipment and degauss and sanitize data from these decommissioned media or equipment.
- Monitor usage of IT consumables, like toner, batteries, equipment filters, etc.
- Shall install, operate, and maintain (IO&M) secure and non-secure video systems to include Video Teleconference (VTC) and desktop Local Area Network (LAN) VTC systems and web-based collaboration tools. (The contractor shall schedule rooms, and connections, and operate VTC equipment on a needed basis).
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- BA/BS degree required
- AA degree or 2-year tech school and 7+ years of experience
- 5+ years or more of logistics support or equivalent combination of education and experience
- DoD 8570 IAT II (Security+ minimum)
- TS/SCI clearance required
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have an advanced working knowledge of a variety of computer software applications with word processing, spreadsheets, database (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), and Outlook.
Our EEO Policy
The Chenega Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on basis of disability. The Corporation's Affirmative Action Plans are available for review by employees and job seekers by contacting the EEO/AA Officer to schedule an appointment during business hours. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. Native Preference under PL 93-638. Drug-free workplace. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. Read Chenega Corporation's Equal Opportunity Statement (https://www.chenega.com/Media/Default/Docs/Chenega%20Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20Statement.pdf) .
EEO is the law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Persons with Disabilities
If you are a person with a disability requiring special accommodations or assistance to apply for a job please contact email@example.com or call (907) 771-5011.
Join our Talent Network