Pearl Harbor, HI Join our Talent Network
Pearl Harbor, HI Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chronos Operations (CO) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Chenega. Corporation, an Alaska Native Corporation based in Anchorage, AK. Belonging to the Military, Intelligence, and Operations Support (MIOS) Strategic Business Unit (SBU), Chronos has a culture rooted in integrity, respect, and exceptional performance. Chronos is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and provides mission-critical services in Advanced Analytics & AI, Software Engineering, Cybersecurity, Information Technology, and Intelligence.
The Engineering Technician shall provide contractor services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of NAVFAC Pacific.
Work you'll do
- Furnish their designated government representatives with documentation indicating whether the construction conforms to the contract requirements.
- Act as the primary person responsible for monitoring the construction contractor's efforts regarding on-site quality assurance and safety compliance.
- Coordinate construction operations between contractors, station personnel, and other government agencies.
- Provide technical oversight of multiple construction contracts.
- Assess the adequacy of the construction contractor's quality control program.
- Participate in all "Preconstruction Meetings", "Post-Award Kickoff Meetings", and "Partnering" activities during construction (workshops, meetings, etc.) as required.
- Attend quality control, preparatory and initial meetings and monitor three-phase of control checklists for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Follow NAVFAC Business Process Management System (BPMS), Kilo-Grams, and associated Naval Engineering Training and Operating Procedures Standards (NETOPS) in the execution of required tasks.
- Act in direct support of the construction manager/construction oversight engineer as required if such duties are not specifically outlined herein.
- Review/Analyze Requests for Information (RFIs) and submittals and provide the Government with comments and recommendations.
- Maintain working files utilizing the electronic Construction Management System (eCMS) or other approved project-specific Construction Management system authorized for the project.
- Monitor compliance with environmental protection requirements and document all findings.
- Report and document instances of non-compliance with quality control and safety requirements.
- Monitor and document construction surveying, materials, and system testing conducted by the construction contractor.
- Provide review/analysis and notes/comments/recommendations on Contractor's Requests for Payment, including completing the monthly field pay estimate worksheet for each construction contract with the construction contractor's representative. Inspect material stored off-site, where applicable.
- Coordinate with government representatives and appropriate construction contractor personnel before conducting required inspections and meetings such as the NAVFAC Red Zone meeting (coordination meeting typically held at 75% project completion).
- Review interim and final DD 1354 documentation and provide the government with comments and recommendations.
- Assist in Constructability reviews as requested. Provide written review comments and recommendations.
- Monitor the preparation of as-built activities of contractors to ensure that those documents are being prepared on an ongoing basis.
- Review contractor submissions of as-built drawings for completeness and accuracy and advise the appropriate government personnel in writing as to the acceptability of such submissions.
- Participate in final acceptance and testing of major building systems, including but not limited to fire protection certification, elevator certifications, ensuring contractor compliance in the areas of Testing and Balancing (TABs), Duct Air Leakage Testing (DALTS), Digital Control Systems (DDC) for HVAC systems. Provide notes/comments/recommendations for acceptance or rejection of the witnessed system based on contract document conformance.
- Review contractor correspondence and recommend an appropriate response.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 5+ years of recent experience as a construction inspector or tradesperson and shall have a basic understating of engineering, architecture, or construction trades.
- Current certification in concrete inspection, structural steel inspection, plumbing inspection, electrical inspection, HVAC inspection, and/or other trade-related inspection certifications are desirable but not required.
- Current certification of successful completion of the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)/Naval Facilities Engineering Systems Command (NAVFAC) Construction Quality Management for Contractors course or completion within 45 days of hire.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Background check required.
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the three phases of the control and Construction Quality Management process is required.
- Sound understanding of construction concepts, principles, and practices applicable to multi-disciplined engineering projects and the design, layout, and supervision of construction operations.
- Thorough knowledge of construction practices and methods and construction management skills.
- Have demonstrated ability and experience to inspect materials, workmanship, and construction and installation of various systems. Possess up-to-date knowledge of construction practices and techniques, e.g., proper applications of construction materials and methods of installation.
- Have demonstrated knowledge of the latest U.S. Army Corps of Engineers safety publications, including but not limited to EM385-1-1 and OSHA safety requirements as well as all other applicable national health and safety regulations, codes, and standards.
- Have demonstrated knowledge of federal building projects design codes (UFGS) and construction techniques.
- Advanced skills in problem-solving.
- Good work ethic and active desire to learn.
- Skillful time management and organizational skills to set and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment to encourage collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Ability to meet minimum clearance requirements.
How you'll grow At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers.Benefits At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you.Chenega MIOS's culture Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives.Corporate citizenship Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/
Tips from your Talent Acquisition team We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.comGlassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htmLinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/#Chronos Operations, LLCChenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledNative preference under PL 93-638.We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program
Join our Talent Network