Pearl Harbor, HI Join our Talent Network
Pearl Harbor, HI Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chronos Operations (CO) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Chenega. Corporation, an Alaska Native Corporation based in Anchorage, AK. Belonging to the Military, Intelligence, and Operations Support (MIOS) Strategic Business Unit (SBU), Chronos has a culture rooted in integrity, respect, and exceptional performance. Chronos is headquartered in Colorado Springs, CO, and provides mission-critical services in Advanced Analytics & AI, Software Engineering, Cybersecurity, Information Technology, and Intelligence.
The Biologist/Marine Biologist shall provide support services to satisfy the overall operational objectives of the Environmental Planning Division.
Work you'll do
- Assist Navy personnel with matters affecting terrestrial or marine natural resources including threatened and endangered species, protected species, and ecosystems at Navy, Marine Corps, and other Department of Defense (DoD) installations within the NAVFAC PAC Area of Responsibility.
- Provide support that may include biological surveys and fieldwork, preparation of technical documents and studies, and review of draft documents and studies for the following terrestrial or marine resource program areas:
- Integrated Natural Resources Management Plans (INRMPs) as required under the Sikes Act Improvement Amendments.
- Coordination of formal and informal consultations under Section 7 of the Endangered Species Act (ESA), the Migratory Bird Treaty Act and the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act with the appropriate regulator, including US Fish and Wildlife Service, the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), other state and federal agencies and offices, and other consulting parties. This includes the preparation of Section 7 consultation letters, biological assessments, and supporting studies and analyses.
- Provide support for the preparation and review of sections of environmental planning documents that involve terrestrial or marine natural resources. Environmental planning documents include Environmental Impact Statements, Environmental Assessments, Categorical Exclusions, and overseas Environmental Reports.
- Review project designs and specifications to identify issues affecting terrestrial natural resources.
- Recommend possible compliance measures that the Navy may elect to implement to mitigate adverse effects.
- Assist in monitoring threatened, endangered, and protected species monitoring programs and surveys at installations in the NAVFAC PAC area of responsibility.
- Assist with administrative tasks, including cataloging and records retention of documents and studies, filing and organization, and routine program updates to the chain of command.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in Biology
- 4+ years of related experience
- The position requires a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of the Endangered Species Act guidelines, general knowledge of recent statutory laws and Executive Orders such as the Sikes Act Improvement Amendments, Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act, and Coral Reef.
- Knowledge of ESA Section 7.
- Working knowledge of the flora and fauna in the Pacific region is desired.
- Advanced skills in problem-solving.
- Good work ethic and active desire to learn.
- Skillful time management and organizational skills to set and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment to encourage collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Ability to meet minimum clearance requirements.
How you'll grow At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers.Benefits At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you.Chenega MIOS's culture Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives.Corporate citizenship Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/
Tips from your Talent Acquisition team We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.comGlassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htmLinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/#Chenega Analytic Business Solutions, LLC#Chronos Operations, LLCChenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledNative preference under PL 93-638.We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program
Join our Talent Network