Senior AV Design Engineer
Lorton, VA Join our Talent Network
This job is contingent upon position availability.
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega Analytic Business Solutions (CABS) provides federal agencies and commercial customers trusted insights in Records and Information Management, Administrative Solutions, Information Technology, Engineering, and Training. Formed in 2017 to serve federal and commercial customers, CABS is 8(a) certified and has grown quickly into a leader in the federal IT and Training environment.
The Senior AV Design Engineer shall lead in the evaluating, designing, documenting, installing, implementing, testing, maintaining, operating, removing, upgrading, and modifying video conference rooms in support of NAVSUP Business Systems Centers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as team lead for onsite engineering personnel and customer liaison on location.
• Maintain all facilities, equipment, and personnel required for preventing and correcting deficiencies of all NAVSUP video conference COI systems.
• Provide corrective and preventive maintenance at all NAVSUP video conference COI sites, to include minor, routine, and emergency repairs.
• Create and maintain Creston and AMX control system source codes using an industry standard source code system.
• Provide support for additional new/upgrades to video conference rooms to include site surveys, installation, configuration, testing and technical support as required.
• Provide on-site support primarily at customer site locations and provide occasional alternate or satellite site support and/or travel as needed.
• Resolve system operational problems by troubleshooting and performing fault isolation.
• Repair, replace, or reprogram faulty equipment, as required.
• Perform setups, tests, adjustments, operations, and shutdowns of equipment in support of AV/VTC sessions.
• Provide client consulting and training of control, interfaces, and use of the audio/visual and VTC equipment.
• Attend all customer in-person meetings and conferences as requested.
• Respond to the Government's request for assistance within 2 business hours.
• Complete CONUS corrective actions within 8 hours of the original request.
• Complete OCONUS corrective actions within 24 hours of the original request.
• Ensure the completion of annual staff training and evaluation requirements.
• Complete required company and project related training requirements.
• Record labor hours daily in the company's timekeeping system.
• Travel CONUS and/or OCONUS as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
• BA/BS in the Information Technology. Degree may be substituted for 4 years of related work experience.
• 3 years' experience maintaining video conference systems, including outage repair support.
• 3 years' experience in the following video conference services: technical, installation, system removal or de-installation, configuration and performing MAC services.
• Creston Certified Digital Engineer certification or Crestron Certified Programmer certification (basic Level) required.
• Secret clearance required.
• Must be a U.S. citizen.
• Secret clearance required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must have the ability to maintain a Secret clearance for the lifecycle of the project.
• Advanced working knowledge of a variety of computer software applications, including Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
• Must be able to apply Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) requirements on UC technologies.
• Understanding of Department of Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) TTPs, Defense (DOD) and DISA VTC requirements.
• Must be able to resolve basic and advanced troubleshooting on Cisco UC technologies.
• Knowledge of AV/VTC sessions, call managers, scheduling, and AV/VTC services with outside agencies for executive-level users.
• Ability to perform duties in the DoD classified and unclassified environments.
• Full working knowledge of commercial construction methods, like ceiling deck constructions, wall framing, structural engineering, electrical wiring, and cable/fiber installation.
• Understanding of PKI desired.
• Ability to attend all customer in-person meetings and conferences as requested.
• Possess the ability to coordinate and integrate the work activities of several different projects at any one time.
• Possess excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize.
• Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal English language.
• Ability to multi-task in a high-performance-based environment.
• Possess strong problem-solving skills and leadership abilities.
• Ability to self-start and work independently or as a team.
• Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
• Ability to travel CONUS and/or OCONUS up to 30 %.
How you'll grow
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers.
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you.
Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News-https://chenegamios.com/news/
Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site -www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
Join our Talent Network