Summary Network Engineer Silver Spring, MD
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Kapsuun Group (KG) provides federal agencies and the DoD with a customer-focused partner that has quickly become one of the established industry leaders in software engineering and intelligence operations. Mission success and customer satisfaction are our highest priorities.
The Network Engineer
is responsible for performing tasks to manage, improve, and maintain the NMRC network from individual desktops to the enterprise network. The Network Engineer
's objective is to keep the networks operating at peak performance and maintain accessibility for end-users. Responsibilities
- Responsible for creating and deleting network accounts, password management, and configuration management of firewall, Intrusion Prevention System/Intrusion detection system (IPS/IDS), routers, wireless access points, wireless controllers, network access control devices, Virtual Private Network devices, and switches.
- Support and maintain network devices, upgrade network devices, and recommend equipment replacement.
- Monitor the network performance to determine current and potential problems and propose network additions and enhancements to improve performance.
- Support major network architecture changes, like new devices deployment and placement, network architecture redesign, hardware configuration changes, wireless deployments, and implementation/modification of test/development/medical device enclaves.
- Support and maintain the operating systems, patches, upgrades, and security requirements of all systems within the NMRC organization.
- Ensure that these systems are online and available to NMRC customers and ensure backups and contingency issues are addressed in the event of failures.
- Support/manage the NMRC network/Virtual Local Area Network that runs on the NMRC network backbone.
- Manage and configure multiple vendor network switches, including (Cisco, Dell, and Juniper).
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is required
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field is preferred
- 6+ years of experience as a network administrator
- Experience with the following: DOD policies and security requirements
- Configuring Cisco devices required
- CCNA required
- Security+ required
- Secret clearance is required
How you'll grow
- Experience implementing STIGs preferred
- Strong working experience with Windows Operating Systems
- Must be capable of quickly learning new systems and associated software applications for proficient execution of tasks
- Must be capable of managing multiple projects with time-related constraints in a fast-paced contract manufacturing environment
- Must be able to speak effectively before groups of internal and/or external customers or employees
- Must be well organized, an effective communicator, and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals and able to grasp system concepts and communicate their applications
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Kapsuun Group, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program