Professor of Cybersecurity (Open Rank)
(Open Rank) Faculty Appointment in Cybersecurity
The Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey (MIIS) seeks to hire a full-time faculty member specializing in cybersecurity. Expertise in related areas would be a plus; these might include the impact of emerging technologies (such as artificial intelligence) on international security, financial crime, data analytics, and/or a relevant region or country (such as East Asia or Iran). The person we hire will join the faculty of the M.A. program in Nonproliferation and Terrorism Studies (NPTS). The position is open as to rank (assistant, associate, or full professor); for a person whose background is mainly professional rather than academic, an appointment as a professor of practice is possible. We will consider applications from individuals educated in any relevant discipline or field of study. We seek an individual who can teach a range of courses on cybersecurity and related topics. The ability to also train students in applied skills would be a plus. We welcome applications from people who are entrepreneurial and potentially interested in developing new programs, such as a small research center or a new online degree.
The Middlebury Institute is a professional graduate school with a demonstrated commitment to excellence in faculty teaching, research, and professional engagement, and where diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. MIIS is committed to hiring a diverse faculty as we work to foster innovation in our curriculum and to provide a rich and varied educational experience to an international student body that includes people with varied backgrounds and experience levels. We encourage applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of other protected classes and historically underrepresented communities. MIIS also invites applications from individuals who demonstrate an ongoing commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Review of applications will begin on Friday, September 15, 2023; the position will remain open until filled. To apply, please submit a cover letter that describes your areas of expertise and the set of courses you are prepared to teach, a CV or resume, a sample of your research or other writing, sample syllabi and course evaluations if available, and a statement about practices you would use to foster an inclusive classroom and provide support to the wide range of MIIS students. Please also arrange for at least two letters of recommendation to be emailed directly to the chair of the search committee, Dr. Philipp Bleek, at email@example.com. Salary will be based on rank and experience; it is expected to fall in the range of $80,000 to $130,000. Requirements
• Develop and teach classes on cybersecurity and related topics
• Advise and mentor students
• Contribute to development of new programming such as an online degree or small research center
• Engage with relevant professional community through research or other activities
• Ability to develop syllabi and design a broader curriculum
• Ability to teach professional Master's students
• Expertise in relevant aspects of cybersecurity, which might include but is not limited to strategies and policies for protecting cybersecurity, management of cyberdefense operations in government or the private sector, or cyber crime investigations
• At least some foundation on the technical side of cybersecurity
• Collegiality and ability to work with others in an academic environment
• Ph.D. in a relevant subject or M.A. plus extensive professional experience
• Teaching experience will be a plus
• Professional experience working on cybersecurity or related concerns will be a plus
• A track record of publishable research will be a plus
• A track record of successful fundraising, institution-building, or managing employees will be a plus
As an employee of Middlebury, you will enjoy being part of a vibrant supportive community in a gorgeous setting. Middlebury offers its employees excellent compensation and competitive benefits, including access to faculty development funding programs, tuition benefits for dependents, health, dental, core life and AD&D, Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent Care and Healthcare), short and long term disability, generous retirement matching, and vision benefits. Employees choose between a Low Deductible PPO or a HDHP with employer HSA contributions up to $2,000 dollars a year.
To apply visit https://apptrkr.com/4552681.