Clinical Manager / Case Manager
Goodheart Home Healthcare Services is seeking a Clinical Director / Case Manager to join our team. The position is available immediately at our home base in Springfield, Virginia. Call for immediate consideration.
- Registered Nurse (RN) with an active license in the state of Virginia.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive nursing experience, with a strong background in home health care or a related field.
- Possesses the education, and experience, in the scope of services offered.
- Prior supervisory experience is highly desired.
- A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Must have a criminal history background check.
- Must have a current CPR certification.
The Clinical Manager is responsible for the oversight of all personnel and all patient care services provided by the home health agency, whether directly or under arrangement, to meet patient care needs. The Clinical Manager ensures quality and safe delivery of home health patient care teams and services; coordinates patient related services that reflect the agency's philosophy and high standards of care; and plans, develops, implements and evaluates agency quality services, programs and activities.
- A person who is a licensed provider, or
- Is a registered nurse, physical therapist, speech-language pathologist, occupational therapist, audiologist or social worker.
- Has training and experience in home health patient services with at least five (5) years of supervisory or management experience in home health.
- Demonstrates accurate knowledge in managing patient quality measures within the home health industry;
- Ability to communicate effectively with agency administration, executive team, governing board, interagency departments and external resources;
- Ability to enlist the cooperation of many people and team work in the effective delivery of patient healthcare.
- Experience with SHP is a significant plus.
- Familiarity with PDBG is a plus.
- Directly supervises the patient care personnel to ensure safe and effective care delivery of the home health patients;
- Oversees and assists in assigning the personnel to patient care teams and cases;
- Works with other departments in the development of personnel qualifications and development of the personnel policies;
- Communicates and collaborates with the QAPI team, Administrator and Governing Body, to ensure the highest quality of outcomes for the patient population;
- Employees qualified patient care personnel and ensures applicable staff education and evaluations are conducted in accordance with agency policy and industry guidelines;
- Ensures the accuracy of patient care delivery planning, oversight and materials;
- Implements an effective patient care related education, protocols and practices;
- Consistently follows Agency policies and procedures to set an example for employees;
- Assesses employees on an ongoing basis to ascertain their understanding of, and compliance with, policies and procedures;
- Uniformly enforces policies and procedures, rules and regulation;
- Maintains two-way communication with employees and fair administration of personnel policies;
- Uses statistical data to determine quality and quantity of services;
- Maintains compliance with applicable federal, state, accreditation and local standards, rules and regulations;
- Participates in personal professional growth and development;
- Coordinates with other program areas and management as appropriate;
- Assures appropriate staff supervision during all operating hours, and after hours;
- Serves in the capacity of Administrator at all times during operating hours, when appointed to do so in the absence of the Administrator, in accordance with the guidelines and lines of authority.
Works in agency office space, and other areas identified as branches of the provider; occasionally will represent agency at conferences, off site meetings, health fairs, etc. Works in the patient home environment occasionally throughout the calendar year in the capacity of onsite supervisory. May be asked to perform occasional patient care visits, where applicable and appropriate to level of expertise.
- Supervised by: Administrator and Governing Body and Governing Body
- Workers Supervised: Patient Care Managers and Teams
- Two weeks paid leave. 401(k) matching, Safe Harbor, and Profit-Sharing plans. Annual Bonuses 6 Paid holidays Sick leave
- Home Health
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: Springfield, Virginia
Apply for Clinical Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly