Summary Computer Engineer IV Lorton, VA
Chenega Analytic Business Solutions (CABS) provides federal agencies and commercial customers with trusted insights into Records and Information Management, Administrative Solutions, Information Technology, Engineering, and Training. Formed in 2017 to serve federal and commercial customers, CABS is 8(a) certified and has grown quickly into a leader in the federal IT and Training environment.
The Computer Engineer IV
shall research, design, develop, and test computer hardware and software programs. Responsibilities
- Supervise the manufacturing and installation of computers and computer-related equipment.
- Develop new computer software systems and incorporate new technologies in a rapidly growing range of applications.
- Apply the principles and techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis to the design, development, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems that enable computers to perform their many applications.
- Analyze users' needs and design, construct, test, and maintain computer applications software, or systems.
- Design and development of many types of software, including software for operating systems and network distribution, and compilers, which convert programs for execution on a computer.
- Solve technical problems that arise. Software engineers must possess strong programming skills but are more concerned with developing algorithms and analyzing and solving programming problems than with writing code.
- Complete annual company and customer-required training, as required.
- Complete timesheets daily in an online system according to company policies and procedures.
- Travel up to 10% as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Master's degree in computer, electrical, electronic engineering, or mathematics with field of concentration in computer science
- 10+ years of professional experience in computer design, software development, or computer networks
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Background check required
How you'll grow
- Ability to pass customer security requirements.
- Advanced working knowledge of computer software applications, including Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in programming languages C, C++, and Java, with Fortran
- Knowledge of the programming language COBOL.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff, government personnel, and management.
- Ability to attend all customer in-person meetings and conferences as requested.
- Possess excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize.
- Ability to multi-task in a high-performance-based environment.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to self-start and work independently or as a team.
- Travel up to 10% as required.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition Team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega Analytic Business Solutions, LLC Teleworking Permitted?
Yes Estimated Salary/Wage
Up to USD $135,000.00/Yr.
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program