Systems Control Engineer I/II/III
Performs engineering work associated with the maintenance of computerized process control, data acquisition and/or data transmission of water plant production and distribution systems by:
Typical Responsibilities Include:
- Learning various plant processes and operations for troubleshooting process control.
- Maintaining existing control strategies
- Maintaining the control and historical databases.
- Maintaining system hardware, including both preventive maintenance and repair.
- Maintaining network infrastructures as directed
- Maintaining accurate system documentation.
- Learning PLC and SCADA programs.
- Performing periodic system backups.
- Conducting essential data archive functions.
- Maintaining and repairing associated process control equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Assists Instrumentation Technicians or Electricians with troubleshooting, (i.e. process control, field wirings.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree in Engineering or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Some experience in process instrumentation is preferred.
- Good knowledge of communication systems, using radio, phone and fiber optics, and distributed control systems.
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of the design, processes and operation of public water supply facilities.
- Good knowledge of process instrumentation, process control techniques, field sensors and controllers, digital control hardware including Programmable Logic Controllers, Relay Ladder Logic and control software and/or networking hardware/software.
- Experience with computer hardware and software
- Ability to assist in the work of other technicians and engineers.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.