6 days left
- Full Time
Federal Contractor is currently hiring for the position of Contract Processor under Army Research Laboratories contract in Adelphi, MD.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and in writing);
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) is required.
- U.S. Citizen (per Government contract requirements)
Requires Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Law, Contracts, Purchasing, Management, Business, Economics, Marketing, Accounting or related fields (with extensive experience and at least 24 college credits in a professional series captured above may be considered).
- Minimum of 1-Year Experience with Federal contracting and in-depth knowledge of FAR;
- Understanding of basic contracting concepts and ability to make determinations on said concepts with little supervisory input (Commerciality, Sole-Source v. Competitive, Required Sources, etc.);
- Ability to utilize contracting applications for simplified actions (PRISM, FPDS-NG, etc.);
- Ability to perform close-out functions of cost-reimbursable and FFP service and supply contracts.
Contract Processors serve as the liaison between the engineers/researchers in the technical directorates with the Army Research Laboratories (ARL) and the ACC-APG contracts shop (Contracting Officers and Contract Specialists) in order to best translate their technical needs and requirements into contract awards.
The three components to the job are:
1. Analysis -- Team performs detailed cost analysis on proposals (Excel spreadsheets) that are submitted by contractors in order to determine the accuracy of the bid (validation of spreadsheet formulas and logic), as well as cost reasonableness. Some contracts are relatively straightforward, however many of them include the complexity of a prime with multiple subcontractors.
2. Research -- Team does extensive research into the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), DoD FAR, and Army Regulations in order to ensure that the Statement of Work prepared for any contract is unambiguous and meets all acquisition regulations. This component has been equated to the function of a legal assistant/paralegal.
3. Customer Service -- Team meets with technical engineers to gain as much information as possible with regard to their requirements so that they can be translated accurately to the Contracts office. Team also meets/communicates with contractors with regard to their proposal submissions. Although our people are not allowed to head negotiations with potential contractors (as this is an "inherently Government" function), they are allowed to participate on a team of negotiators in order to provide information that will allow the Government to negotiate the best terms. NOTE: Occasional travel may be required to visit contractor or Government sites.
The starting salary for the position would be ~$63K (based on your level of education and experience - (college degree is REQUIRED!) and you MUST be a U.S. Citizen (not a dual citizen) in order to be considered since there is a clearance requirement attached to the contract. Please indicate your current salary and salary requirements.
NOTE: Require a positive response to Question #1 and a negative response to Questions #2-6 in order to confirm eligibility to receive a Top Secret security clearance should an offer be made.
1. Are you a U.S. citizen?
2. Are you a dual citizen?
3. Do you have a criminal record, to include both misdemeanors and felonies?
4. Do you have a drug history?
5. Do you have any negative credit or financial issues?
6. Are there any other issues in your background which would preclude you from obtaining a Top Secret clearance?
Apply for Contract Processor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly