Clearance Required:Public Trust
The MIL Corporation is seeking an Accounting Clerk II to work with a Federal client in Mississippi.
The Accounting Clerk II provides mid-level financial management assistance as part of a team delivering accounting and financial support. Responsibilities
Perform one or more routine accounting clerical operations such as:
- Examining, verifying, and correcting various accounting documents to ensure completeness and accuracy of data in accordance to accounting procedures.
- Processing travel vouchers, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, reconciling cash transactions, maintaining files, and generating reports.
- Conduct reconciliation and posting under supervision and detailed guidance.
Specific tasks/duties are assigned under supervision. An employee in this position will rely on the supervisors' instructions. Completed work will be reviewed for accuracy and compliance with procedures. Required Qualifications
- 4 years of experience in bookkeeping, accounting, or data processing
- Ability to follow guidance to execute federal financial based processes
- Ability to identify and solve problems through teamwork and consultation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with federal accounting practices and principles
High school diploma or G.E.D. Clearance
Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance Compensation
The SCA (Service Contract Act) role at The MIL Corporation is subject to the regulations and guidelines set forth by the U.S. Department of Labor. As an SCA position, it is classified as a service contract and is subject to specific wage determinations and benefit requirements mandated by the government.
The compensation and benefits for the SCA role at The MIL Corporation will be in accordance with the prevailing wage rates and benefits specified by the Department of Labor for the specific job classification and location. The current rate is $16.26 - $17.79 per hour. Why MIL?
The MIL Corporation (MIL) is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology - and we are looking for candidates like you! Whether you're fresh out of college, the military, or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be a great fit.
Here at MIL, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2021-2022, Top Workplaces USA award (Energage)
- 2017-2022 Top Workplaces Award, Greater Washington Area (The Washington Post)
- 2018-2022 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work®
- 2021 & 2022, Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services™
- 2021 Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2020- 2022, 2017, Top Workplace Award, South Carolina (Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine)
- 2022 Freedom Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, MIL welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference. The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.