Senior Administrative Assistant, Global Science - 24020
6 days left
- Full Time
World Wildlife Fund (WWF), one of the world’s leading conservation organizations, seeks a Senior Administrative Assistant, Global Science
Location: Washington, DC (hybrid)
This position performs a variety of standard and frequently complex administrative duties, accounting tasks and special projects to ensure the smooth functioning of the department using administrative skills, organizational skills, and a detailed knowledge of the organization and its programs and policies.
- General Administrative Support: Coordinates meetings/conferences, including reserving meeting rooms; ordering and managing catering; assisting with meeting and equipment setup; organizing, preparing, and distributing materials; ordering and organizing office supplies; distributing mail and inquiries. Performs miscellaneous office tasks.
- Communication: Interacts daily with the department staff, colleagues from other departments, WWF Network staff, and external partners such as donors and academic institutions to coordinate activities, obtain, and disseminate information. Answers and routes email and calls, greets visitors, and handles a variety of requests. Answers complex inquiries requiring detailed knowledge of departmental procedures. Provides general orientation and training for team operations.
- Accounting & Finance Duties: Reviews bills, orders, and invoices for submission into the internal accounting system. Prepares check and/or wire requests and completes accounting forms. Creates, codes, and monitors expense reports while tracking budget, seeking explanations for significant variations, forwards questionable items to supervisor. Compiles and reviews financial reports submitted by others. Assists managers with budgeting and expense planning in a collaborative process. Develops detailed knowledge of office procedures to answer questions from staff.
- Coordinate conferences/special events: Arranges large meetings and events, including coordinating attendees and space; managing vendors for audiovisual, catering, and equipment. Coordinates travel and travel grants for international staff and guests.
- Travel Support: Supports staff in booking travel direct or through our travel agent; makes domestic and international travel arrangements, coordinating with event partners and aligning schedules according to travel policies. Supports the team in pricing and booking travel for annual meetings and events.
- Document review and preparation: Composes complex documents such as reports and presentations for others, ensuring they are correct and accurate; drafts agreements and amendments.
- Recordkeeping & Databases: Collects information and maintains logs, records, or lists on a regular or ad-hoc basis using Microsoft 365 Suite or Google. Reviews, validates, and inputs data as needed. Identifies any problems with the data and coordinates with others to resolve problems as needed. Manages physical and digital storage, files, and archives. Manages team photo and video library.
- May oversee temporary administrative staff performing duties described above.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma with five years of demonstrated and progressively responsible work experience in an administrative position is required.
- Strong word processing and spreadsheet skills plus the ability to edit and input data into databases.
- Strong scheduling and travel coordination skills are essential.
- Must have the ability to take initiative, prioritize, and complete work on time with minimal supervision.
- Good organizational and analytical skills needed to proof and edit documents; effective writing ability necessary to prepare to write letters, memos, emails, etc. to a variety of recipients and audiences.
- Interpersonal skills requiring courtesy, tact, and diplomacy necessary to effectively communicate with staff, callers, and visitors.
- Demonstrated ability to work with both Microsoft 365 and Google suites. Strong PowerPoint and graphic design skills are a plus.
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.
- Identifies and aligns with WWF’s core values: Courage, Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration:
- Demonstrates courage by speaking up even when it is difficult, or unpopular.
- Builds trust with colleagues by acting with integrity, owning mistakes, and holding oneself accountable.
- Welcomes other points of view and ideas, recognizing and embracing different and contrary perspectives with kindness, curiosity, and encouragement.
- Makes conscious efforts to promote cooperative practices, behaviors, and ways of working across many groups and individuals.
WWF is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and requires all US-based staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. WWF will consider requests for accommodation from the vaccine requirement based on disability, medical contraindication, sincerely held religious belief, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Submit cover letter and resume through our Careers Page, Requisition #24020
- Due to the high volume of applications we are not able to respond to inquiries via phone
As an EOE/AA employer, WWF will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or protected Veteran status. WWF values diversity and inclusion and welcomes diverse candidates to apply.