Clearance Required:Ability to Obtain a Secret
Education Required:BA/BS or HS/GED and Equivalent Work Experience
US Citizenship:Required Summary The MIL Corporation
is seeking a System Security Engineer (Security Engineering, Associate
) to support a Federal Government client at our Patuxent River, MD location as a Systems Security Engineer. The role involves using a challenging, offensive mindset to provide defensive security architecture solutions to our nations weapons and control systems. Responsibilities
- Understand, apply, and tailor Systems Engineering Process and Principles as required to perform position functions
- Work with the supplier, competency SME's and program IPT's to develop a solution to technical issues throughout the system development
- Conduct engineering analysis and develop alternatives to address potential solution sets
- Make recommendations on cost, schedule and performance tradeoffs necessary to reduce risk
- Develop solutions and make recommendations to solve major and minor technical problems
- Participate and provide inputs to requirements documentations
- Assist in analyzing user requirements to determine application features and functionality.
- Assist in application installation, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Up to 25% of the time to CONUS sites as required
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline; or a HS/GED and equivalent work experience
- 7 years of relevant experience
- Experience developing and testing scripts and applications utilizing BASH, Python, Java or similar languages.
- Experience with using Ethical Hacking and Penetration Tools.
- Security+, OSCP certifications
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment.
- Strong Linux and bash scripting skills.
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) is a plus.
- Experience with penetration testing ICS/SCADA
- Currently maintains a Secret Clearance
Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline or HS/GED and equivalent work experience Clearance
All applicants for this position must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret
clearance; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects. Compensation
The MIL Corporation values your contributions and offers a range of benefits to support your overall well-being. We are pleased to offer a comprehensive range of benefits to our full-time employees which includes health, life, disability, and retirement plans, as well as paid time off, opportunities for professional growth and tuition assistance. Additional benefits and incentives may also apply, which will be communicated during the hiring process.
Salary at MIL is determined based on factors such as qualifications, experience, and contractual limitations. For this position, the projected compensation range is $100,000 - $145,000 per year. This estimate represents the typical salary range and is just one part of MIL's complete compensation package. Why MIL?
The MIL Corporation (MIL) is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology - and we are looking for candidates like you! Whether you're fresh out of college, the military, or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be a great fit.
Here at MIL, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2021-2022, Top Workplaces USA award (Energage)
- 2017-2022 Top Workplaces Award, Greater Washington Area (The Washington Post)
- 2018-2022 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work®
- 2021 & 2022, Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services™
- 2021 Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2020- 2022, 2017, Top Workplace Award, South Carolina (Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine)
- 2022 Freedom Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, MIL welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference. The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.