- Full Time
Bowie State University
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with Academic Transformation and Academic Computing
- Works with faculty, subject matter experts, and other staff in the design and development of online courses and course materials
- Collaboratively plan, design, develop, and revise high-quality for-credit courses and course materials to meet University and department standards.
- Identify and communicate contextual best practices for applying teaching and learning theories to curriculum design.
- Maintain and expand face-to-face and online faculty training, workshop, and seminar offerings.
- Develop training materials including job aids, online tutorials, and other multimedia materials to assist faculty with instructional design principles and the use of online teaching and learning tools.
- Recommend effective and creative use of technologies to enhance instruction and create new learning environments.
- Remain current on and evaluate emerging technologies that have potential value for online and face-to-face teaching and learning.
- Design, develop, and implement evaluation procedures to assess the effectiveness of technology use in teaching and learning processes.
- Utilize software such as web page development, desktop publishing, image editing, and presentation tools to develop custom products to meet user needs.
- Provide technology support for online teaching and learning products used by faculty, students, and staff.
- Assume or coordinate other duties or projects as assigned or directed by Academic Transformation.
Bachelor’s degree in Education or a related field AND three (3) years of providing learning/instructional design and/or technology development services. Or, any equivalent combination of experience or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, or a related area
- Experience in designing, developing, implementing, and revising for-credit online courses and course materials in a higher education environment (strongly preferred).
- Experience in applying learning theories to the practice of online course design and development.
- Experience in designing, developing, and delivering workshops and training materials, including job aids, online tutorials, and other multimedia materials.
- Experience using multiple learning management systems (Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle, edX, Coursera, etc.).
- Experience in project management (managing time, establishing priorities, distributing responsibilities, meeting milestones and deliverables).
- Experience in researching and resolving technology issues.
- Experience in building and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Experience in adapting to ambiguity, pivot priorities, and manage multiple projects going simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in visual, verbal, and written forms as well as persuade and motivate others while being aware of responsive to their needs and concerns.
- Evidence of a thorough and precise attention to detail in adhering to guidelines, structure, and established policies.
Conditions of Employment
Please be advised, COVID-19 vaccinations are not required but encouraged for faculty and staff to be employed at Bowie State University. This protocol is subject to change.
BSU offers a generous benefits package, which includes 22 vacation days, 13 holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.