As a Senior Audience Strategist at The Washington Post, you'll be critical in aligning our overall audience framework to targetable strategies. You'll work closely with marketing teams, sales teams, and vendors across our regional, national and international groups to reach the right consumers.
You'll work cross-functionally to drive our audience strategy, backed with a deep understanding of audience planning, technical requirements, and a creative execution lens. A successful candidate will have strong project management skills, excellent communication abilities, a deep understanding of audience insight and analysis, and a knack for creatively leveraging data signals to meet company objectives.Motivation:
- You have a desire to contribute to The Post's mission through our work on the Commercial Data Strategy team.
- You are passionate about refining and improving team process, culture, documentation, and communication while tackling complex data, audience, and product challenges.
- You want to own and steer medium-large projects for the CDS team.
- You are excited about testing new technologies, finding creative solutions problems and applying them to the business side of journalism.
- Coordinating with multi-functional teams to develop and manage verticalized audience frameworks.
- Oversee projects rooted in cookieless audience targeting including clean rooms.
- Manage advanced audience creation, assist in documentation and media planning, and manage client data transfers.
- Work with Sales and Media teams to identify and develop specialized audiences for campaigns, aligning with the overall framework.
- Partner with internal teams to understand workflows and priorities surrounding personas, audiences, and the insights for both to build use cases and processes around them.
- Determine use cases for internal audience models and test into activation.
- Work closely with the Insights and Analytics teams to uncover unique audience segments based on our 1P and modeled data.
- Develop best practices and communicate audience capabilities to internal teams.
- Work with Marketing and Sales on audience segmentation, decks/documentation, and market positioning.
- Brainstorm, facilitate, and create case studies with the AdOps, CSM, and Sales teams.
- Own and manage relationships with data and tech vendors.
- Manage relationships and projects with our internal data science and engineering teams.
- Participate in roadmap planning, product testing, and rollouts.
- Work with the Global Head of Commercial Data on strategy and product development.
- Work closely with product managers on collecting feedback and facilitating changes.
- Collaborate with the Global Head of Commercial Data Strategy with client presentations, QBRs, monthly communications, weekly strategic planning, and ad hoc needs.
- Assist with and/or create company POVs on industry trends.
- 5+ years working in digital media and translating audience data sets and segmentation into targetable strategies.
- Experience with verticalized audience approaches, data analysis, and audience strategies.
- Experience working within DMPs, CDPs, and data onboarding tools like LiveRamp.
- Familiar with ad delivery tools like GAM, Operative, and SSPs.
- An understanding of media targeting datasets, use cases, and agency buying patterns.
- Proven success leading projects across internal and external teams in a dynamic team environment.
- Willing to travel to conferences or events to further learning and bring back insights about the industry at large.
- Project management experience.
- Familiarity with Alt IDs, clean rooms and other cookieless solutions.
- Familiarity with Analytics and Insights platforms like Tableau, Domo, or Lookr.
- Experience in audience planning tools such as MRI, NMI, and YouGov a plus.
- Experience with SQL, AWS, or other data engineering environments a plus.
Wherever you are in your life or career, The Washington Post offers comprehensive and inclusive benefits for every step of your journey:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Company-paid pension and 401(k) match
- Three weeks of vacation and up to three weeks of paid sick leave
- Nine paid holidays and two personal days
- 20 weeks paid parental leave for any new parent
- Robust mental health resources
- Backup care and caregiver concierge services
- Gender affirming services
- Pet insurance
- Free Post digital subscription
- Leadership and career development programs
Benefits may vary based on the job, full-time or part-time schedule, location, and collectively bargained status. The Post strives to provide its readers with high-quality, trustworthy news and information while constantly innovating. That mission is best served by a diverse, multi-generational workforce with varied life experiences and perspectives. All cultures and backgrounds are welcomed.
The innovation doesn't end in the Newsroom - dozens of teams power The Washington Post
. We are now hiring the next innovator - how will you Impact Tomorrow