The Technology-Education and Engineering Teacher develops students' academic skills through academic courses of study and implements, monitors, and evaluates a quality competency-based program implementing district approved curriculum; documents teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; address specific educational needs of students; provides feedback to students, parents, and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
This teacher teaches these courses:
Introduction to Technology (6th Grade)
Inventions and Innovations (7th Grade)
Technological Systems (8th Grade)Qualifications Education:
Bachelor's Degree in Technology Education or related areas such as Engineering or STEM. Master's degree preferred.Certificates & Licenses:
Valid Virginia Department of Education license required, or eligibility to obtain one.Experience:
Experience teaching or working in an engineering or engineering-related field.Essential Functions
- Develop and update lesson plans, course assignments, and assessments related to course content.
- Collaborate with the administration to provide industry certification testing for students.
- Organize and participate in career-related activities such as industry speakers and field trips.
- Provide students opportunities to develop and apply leadership, social, civic, and health care skills are provided through Career and Technical Student Organization for technology education.
- Plan student assignments to meet academic objectives and different learning styles.
- Prepares a variety of written materials (grades, attendance, anecdotal records, etc.) for the purpose of documenting student mastery.
- Demonstrates methods required to perform classroom and/or subject-specific assignments to provide an effective program that addresses individual student requirements.
- Adapts classroom work to provide students with instructional materials that address individualized learning plans within established lesson plans.
- Administers developmental testing programs, subject-specific assessments, etc. to assess student competency levels and/or developing individual learning plans.
- Participates in a variety of meetings for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
- Advises parents and/or legal guardians of student progress to communicate expectations and achievements and develop methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
- Promotes communication with affiliating agency administration, staff, students, parents, and clients.
- Counsels students to promote optimal participation and performance.
- Manages student behavior to provide a safe and optimal learning environment.
- Reports incidents (e.g. fights, suspected child abuse, suspected substance abuse, etc.) to maintain the personal safety of students, provide a positive learning environment, and adhere to the Education Code and school policies.
- Maintain teacher certification as per requirements of the Virginia Department of Education.
- Adhere to T.C. Williams High School policies and regulations.
- Adhere to affiliating agencies' policies and regulations.
- Maintain current industry-related certifications required for the position.
- May perform other additional duties or tasks as designated by supervisor.
Public Health Compliance
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance.
- Tuberculosis Skin Test.
- Proof of COVID vaccination. Exemptions for religious/medical will be reviewed.
- Must follow safety and health protocols.
FC Hammond Middle School Salary Range:
Teachers and Other Licensed Staff Salary Scale (http://www.acps.k12.va.us/hr/compensation/) Shift Type: