The Floating School Nutrition Manager role will act as a manager at various locations and times throughout the district depending on the needs of the schools. The floating school nutrition manager will coordinate food and supply orders and deliveries; provides comprehensive training of all food service staff; supervises food services activities at assigned sites; organizes food preparation activities; assists food service workers with food preparation and serving; confirms quantities and quality of food items available for use; provides written reports; and complies with mandated health requirements. This role will be a 10 month position, location and hours may vary. Must be available between the hours of 5am and 2:30pm.
This job reports to the Director of School Nutrition Services and/or Operations Supervisor and building Principal.QualificationsEducation:
High School diploma or equivalent.Certificates & Licenses:
Certified Food Safety/Food Protection Manager or completion of the Food Manager's exam within 30 days of hire.Experience:
Job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is required.Essential FunctionsFinancial Management:
• Completes daily accountability reports and submits by established deadlines.
• Follows established price list for all sales to students, staff and patrons.
• Works with food service associates to assure accurate and timely daily reporting.
• Strives to achieve established goals for food and labor by utilizing labor and resources efficiently.
• Processes receipts for completing and documenting transactions and/or preparing deposits for bank drop.
• Merchandises and markets the school food service program to schools and the community.Material and Facilities Management:
• Orders weekly supplies by established due dates based on resources on hand and forecast production requirements.
• Checks quality, quantity, and accuracy of weekly deliveries and invoices. Sends signed, verified invoices within guidelines established.
• Establishes forecasting, sets production needs, and plans employee work schedules, to ensure each meal meets requirements as established by USDA and ACPS School Nutrition Services.
• Assists in selecting ala carte items and menu choices, for breakfast/lunch/snacks which meet USDA guidelines.
• Maintains high standards of sanitation and safety according to guidelines of State and Local authorities, and ACPS.
• Follows menus using standardized recipes. Oversees foods being prepared are accurately weighed, measured, and portioned, according to recipe or portion chart. Maintains legible and accurate recipes for all departments.
• Maintains high quality of product, storage, and preparation techniques.
• Inventories food, condiments, supplies and equipment at specified intervals for the purpose of ensuring availability of items and limiting losses.
• Knowledge and ability to work all areas and phases of operation to include computers and POS terminals.Staff Management:
• Supervises all food service workers and other personnel as assigned.
• Provides adequate coverage and ensures compliance with health, safety and nutritional standards of central kitchen operations
• Works with SNS leadership in training and orienting new employees.
• Keeps all staff informed and aware of matters that affect their position and work environment.
• Conducts regular school meetings to accomplish goals, share ideas, and communicate changes.
• Handles employees' complaints and grievances and maintains lines of communication with Director.
• Conducts performance appraisals within established School Nutrition Services policy.
• Provides on-going training and assistance to employees for food, production, serving and equipment use.General Management:
• Assists in maintaining a disciplined work group, deals fairly with staff without discrimination.
• Communicates fairly and pleasantly with district personnel, students, and the community.
• Supports the value of continuing education by attending meetings, classes, in-services and workshops as required by the School Nutrition Service Administration.
• Supports the Mission Statement of Alexandria City Public Schools, the assigned school, and the Nutrition Services Department.
• Follows Division and School Nutrition Services policies and procedures.
• Reports to work as designated in the employee handbook &/or manager's handbook.
• Demonstrates the willingness to work as a team with kitchen, school, and administrative staff.
• Identifies personal goals for upcoming appraisal period and works toward the achievement of these goals.
• Assists food service personnel in identifying goals for upcoming appraisal period and provides opportunity for achieving these goals.
• Establishes and maintains a line of communication with building Principal.
• Works with school staff and students to promote healthy food choices for all.
• Maintains an accurate inventory of all kitchen supplies.
• Follows all established guidelines as identified in the School Nutrition Services employee handbook.
• Collects free and reduced meal applications to determine eligibility under program guidelines.
• Performs other duties as needed to accomplish department goals. Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions
• Requires prolonged standing and working near and around moving mechanical parts.
• Requires physical exertion to manually move, lift (to 40+ lbs.), carry, pull or push heavy objects or materials.
• Requires stooping, bending and reaching.
• Must work in a noisy and crowded environment with various climate temperatures.
• Must work in and around fumes, chemicals and odors.Clearances
• Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance.
• Tuberculosis Skin Test.Public Health Compliance
- Proof of COVID vaccination. Exemptions for religious/medical will be reviewed.
- Must follow safety and health protocols.
Division-Wide Salary Range:
20.98/hour - 25.98/hour / School Nutrition Services SUP-13 Shift Type: