The Alexandria City Public School (ACPS) Social Work Department is seeking school social worker substitutes for a temporary position. An ideal candidate will have a background in school social work, trauma-informed care, case management responsibilities, and previous experience working with students with a disability. Qualifications:
- Education: Master's degree in Social Work.
- Certificates & Licenses: Valid Virginia Department of Education license with an endorsement in Social Work, or eligibility to obtain one.
- Experience: A minimum of three years' work experience preferred.
- Key Competencies: Demonstrated sensitivity to the needs of individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Duties for this position would include, but are not limited to:
- Provide counseling to student's (group and individual) Develop intervention strategies to increase academic success help students develop appropriate social interaction skills.
- Assist with conflict resolution and anger management.
- Provide trauma-focused individual counseling.
- Provide crisis intervention to students in need.
- Provide consultation, collaboration, and advisement services to students, their family members, and school staff regarding students' social, emotional, and behavioral status impacting learning, development, mental health, and school success.
- Encourage developmentally appropriate student self-determination and self-advocacy Implement school social work services within a multi-tiered intervention model for programs and services.
- Collaborate and provide ongoing guidance to students, parents and school staff in the implementation of effective behavior strategies and techniques.
- Provide liaison, coordination, and case management services with schools, families, community agencies, and other resources to increase social, behavioral and academic opportunities in the school environment Provide assistance to encourage school-wide positive behavior supports.
- Collaborate with school personnel in identifying and coordinating accommodations and modifications of the school environment to increase social, behavioral and academic success in the school environment.
- Provide support to school staff and students to facilitate successful transitions in areas that affect students' learning opportunities.
- Complete social, cultural assessments as needed. Participate in special education initial meetings and evaluation meetings.
- Collaborate with parents, multidisciplinary evaluation team members, school administrators, and other community agencies to address student's socio-emotional and behavioral needs.
- Maintains adequate records, files, and other service and student data as required.
- Adhere to all the necessary timelines associated with the evaluation of eligibility and delivery of special education services in addition to attending all required meetings Respond to allegations of child abuse and neglect, coordinate services for children in foster care
Public Health Compliance
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance.
- Tuberculosis Skin Test.
- Proof of COVID vaccination. Exemptions for religious/medical will be reviewed.
- Must follow safety and health protocols.
Central Office Salary Range:
$200.00 - $200.00 / Per Day Shift Type: