The school improvement coach plays a critical role in school improvement by designing and implementing data-based systems to track and support the growth and intervention of all students. The School Improvement Coach also supports and co-coordinates school-wide testing and is a member of the Instructional Leadership. This position is funded through ESSER III. Qualifications Education:
Bachelor's degree in a job-related area. Certificates & Licenses:
Valid Virginia Department of Education license or elegibility to obtain one. Experience:
Job-related experience within a specialized field is required. Elementary, TAG, EL and/or Special Education. Experience preferred:
Proficiency in Excel, MS Office, and Google Suite is highly preferred. Essential Functions
- Provides implementation support to the administration and school-community members in meeting school improvement requirements.
- Performs a variety of professional, technical, and administrative tasks in directing the implementation and administration of all district, statewide of statewide, and college entrance preparatory tests.
- Facilitate the collection of school data to inform schoolwide, grade, and teacher-level instructional decisions.
- Attends school based PLC meetings to provide instructional support and data in SOL tested areas.
- Create a school-wide data tracking system.
- Plan and execute quarterly data meetings with School Staff.
- Facilitate the evaluation and revision of the school's parent and family engagement policies and the parent compact.
- Collaborate with the school's administration to plan and prepare for various state and district-level governance and accountability meetings.
- Utilize school assessment data in collaboration with administration, coaching, and teaching teams to help coordinate student academic interventions.
- Works in collaboration with School Leadership Team
- Coach and collaborate with teachers to improve the implementation of highly effective strategies for teaching and learning. Co-Creates the school's testing calendar.
- Co-collaborates on the assignment, training, direction, and supervision of staff assigned to testing programs to ensure adherence to established policies, procedures, and standards.
- Assists and advises school staff, as necessary, resolving problems as non-routine situations arise.
- Attends meetings and training sessions as a liaison with the Department of Accountability.
- Co-supervises school-wide coordination of test implementation.
- Monitors proper use, and further dissemination and maintenance of score report.
- Consults with appropriate faculty/staff to determine the validity of requests for exemptions from testing and/or for modifications in testing procedures.
- Monitors the administration of tests and investigates discrepancies in test administration.- Determines need to suspend or proceed with altered test administration.
- Consults with and provides test data and analysis to the administrators, instructional leadership team, teachers, and various staff members in support of improved student achievement and the School Improvement Plan.
- Co-collaborates on the maintenance of a list of students eligible to retake the SOL test.-
- Co-collaborates on the organization and running of workshops training test administrators, assistants, and students.
- Co-collaborates in the oversight of ordering of test materials for the school, verifies shipment, and coordinates repacking and shipping of materials.
- Provides analysis of student achievement data to convey information to staff.
- Co-collaborates on the storage of all testing material in a locked room at the school to ensure the security of test forms and related materials.
- Works closely with the School Counseling Department to deliver student testing services.- Works with staff at the school to prepare for assessment programs and consults with technology services staff members on computer hardware and software issues and concerns.
- Coordination of enrichment and remediation to meet individual student need
- Assists the principal in interpreting and analyzing school based data.
- Contributes to the school mission and goals for the purpose of providing a positive learning climate and supportive community environment.
- Assists the principal with such other tasks and assumes such other responsibilities as may be required for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Public Health Compliance
- Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance.
- Tuberculosis Skin Test.
- Proof of COVID vaccination. Exemptions for religious/medical will be reviewed.
- Must follow safety and health protocols.
Samuel Tucker Elementary School Salary Range:
Teachers and Other Licensed Staff Salary Scale (http://www.acps.k12.va.us/hr/compensation/) Shift Type: