Shady Grove Medical Center seeks to hire an experienced Education Specialist for our Pre/Post Operative Services who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing.
As an Education Specialist, you will:
• Conduct clinical orientation, competency assessment, and ongoing education of Pre/Post Operative Nursing staff.
• Utilize evidence based guidelines in provision of care, protocol development, and staff education, as a subject matter expert in Per/Post Operative Services.
• Report directly to the Director of Professional Development & Practice.
• Facilitate the professional development and lifelong learning activities of Nurses to enhance their professional competence and role performance.
• Manage overall professional development programs, provide relevant education to Nurses, maintain and enhance clinical competence, foster a positive outlook on lifelong learning, direct the development of educational activities, and plan programs that increase breadth and depth of Nurses' knowledge.
Assists nurses in preparation for certification in specialty
Performs as nurse planner and provides contact hours for educational
• Demonstrate professionalism at all times and will be an integral part of the Nursing leadership team, representing their department at all levels of the organization.
• BSN required, MSN preferred
• Valid Maryland RN license required
• Active American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required, ACLS preferred
• Three years of PACU/Post Operative experience
Certification in clinical specialty or nursing professional development within
one year of hire
• 1 year in leadership role preferred (includes charge nurse, preceptor)
Full-time days; 36 hours per week
This position is 36 hours/week - 4 days 1 week and 5 days the next week. Applicant is expected to flex hours to meet the needs of the staff.
#GR8 NursingAt Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you.
We do this by offering:
- Work life balance through nonrotating shifts
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Free Employee parking
- Benefits Eligible Positions:
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans [including health, employer-paid disability and life insurance, PTO]
- Employer retirement contribution and match after 1-year of eligible employment with 3 year vesting
- Ancillary benefits such as flexible spending, legal and pet insurance to meet the needs of employees and their eligible family members
- Subsidized childcare at participating childcare centers
As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Join the Adventist HealthCare team today, apply now to be considered! COVID-19 Vaccination
Adventist HealthCare requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if needed, may elect to be vaccinated at any community pharmacy or location offering COVID-19 vaccinations.Tobacco and Drug Statement
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine and drug use.
While some jurisdictions, including Maryland, permit the use of marijuana for medical purposes, marijuana continues to be classified as an illegal drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act. As a result, medical marijuana use will not be accepted as a valid explanation for a positive drug test result.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine) and marijuana. Those testing positive are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing. ("Nicotine products" include, but are not limited to: cigarettes, cigars, pipes, chewing tobacco, e-cigarettes, vaping products, hookah, and nicotine replacement products (e.g., nicotine gum, nicotine patches, nicotine lozenges, etc.). Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to attracting, engaging, and developing the best people to cultivate our mission-centric culture. Our goal is to have a welcoming, equitable, and safe place to work and grow for all employees, no matter their background. AHC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and related medical conditions, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Adventist HealthCare will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Adventist HealthCare is a religious organization as defined under applicable law; however, it will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants' religious beliefs.
Applicants who wish to request accommodations for disabilities or religious belief should contact the Support Center HR Office.