Supervisor, Customer Service Quality Assurance
Under limited supervision of the Manager, Customer Service, provides business process and functional expertise to the Customer Service Department, including Contact, Revenue Management, and Field Services. Responsible for developing, creating, and implementing quality processes and procedures, and making recommendations for enhancements to training and program materials as needed to enhance the overall Fairfax Water’s customer experience.
- Provides leadership, technical guidance, and supervises employees in the Customer Service Support Specialist and Business Analyst roles.
- Identifies end-user and systematic problems and recommends solutions.
- Works with other Customer Service supervisors to identify areas of service improvements and to implement solutions, including review and audits of Customer Service transactions, staff interactions with customers, and review of customer survey responses.
- Develops programs that improve the overall quality of the customer’s experience when interacting with Customer Service staff.
- Serves as the liaison between the Customer Service Department and technology support groups to coordinate and support the completion of quality assurance initiatives.
- Monitors and tracks performance metrics to develop business and functional requirements needed to resolve issues, update and/or enhance customer service processes, procedures, business systems functionalities and service features.
- Analyzes transactions, proactively identifies potential problems, and works with the Customer Service Department and technology support groups to implement solutions.
- Develops new and/or updates existing queries and validates accuracy prior to distribution.
- Ensures departmental processes are properly documented and followed, and that policies and procedures are in compliance with regulatory and internal requirements and best practices.
- Assists in the identification of other relevant issues within the department and participates in the creation of innovative solutions and/or the implementation of new procedures.
- Coordinates delivery and oversees training activities for the various field and office groups within the Customer Service Department.
- Works with other Customer Service supervisors to ensure all training, codified Standard Operating Procedures, and SharePoint information is current.
- Interacts with other departments within Fairfax Water as well as other organizations on issues related to Customer Service functions.
- Facilitates communication between management and staff.
- Responds verbally and in writing to sensitive and complex customer inquiries.
- Assists with the planning and specification of major projects.
- Assists with the review of proposals and the selection of outside consultants.
- Attends industry conferences, workshops, seminars, and product demonstrations.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree in computer science, business, or closely related field, and a minimum of five years of progressively responsible operational experience in Customer Service and Customer Information Systems (CIS), process improvement, project management, or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and knowledge.
- Three years of supervisory or project lead experience is preferred.
- Six Sigma or similar certification in business process analysis and continuous improvement is preferred.
- Ability to quickly comprehend Fairfax Water Customer Service processes and functions.
- Proficiency with a personal computer and ability to quickly learn software applications.
- Strong experience with enterprise resource systems. SAP is preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Office and SharePoint experience with advance Excel skills.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with large data sets.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to plan and organize with a high degree of effectiveness.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member on complex projects.
- Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with coworkers, fellow supervisors, and the public.
- Must pass a controlled substance (drug) test for employment.