Hiring Event - On-the-spot interview/job offer
Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA), Department of Defense
Seeking entry-level and experienced auditors
DCAA is conducting an in-person hiring event to fill 100+ auditor vacancies in the greater northern Virginia and Maryland areas. Salary range is $53,105 to $102,166. Our hiring event provides qualified candidates a simplified application process as well as an expedited selection and onboarding experience. Entry-Level candidates are welcome!
Thursday, June 22, 2023
Hilton McLean Tyson’s Corner
7920 Jones Branch Dr, McLean, VA 22102
Qualified candidates should click here to register to interview with us at the event
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, performs and reports contract audit assignments in connection with procurement and contracting activities between the Federal Government and the Contractor.
- Reviews standard audit programs and steps, previous work papers, reports, guidance material, draft audit reports with findings and conclusions on the audit performed in accordance with agency procedures.
- Maintains audit working papers including preparation of schedules, summaries, and reconciliations as instructed or appropriate.
- Performs assigned audit steps such as tests and examinations of contractor's direct labor and material costs.
- Checks reports, records, ledgers, and other documents against invoices, receipts, payroll slips, and other source documents.
- Verifies appropriateness of charges for materials and labor and determines that transactions have been properly recorded.
- Participates with other team members, providing updates on the status of audit assignments, sharing information, and identifying requisite revisions to the program and/or annual team goals.
- Maintains professional manner and working relationships with team members, associates, contractors and other government personnel.
- Prepares working papers and analyzes contractor data using automation tools.
1. Education Requirements:
a. Bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field (business or finance that includes 24 semester hours of accounting (may include up to 6 hours in business law)
2. Combination of Experience and Education:
At least 4 full-time years of experience in an accounting/auditing career plus one of the following:
a. 24 semester hours in accounting/finance (up to 6 hours in business law); OR
b. Licensed as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
Qualified candidates must also be U.S. Citizens and minimum GPA of 2.95 or greater is required
Enjoy all the benefits of working for DCAA, DoD and the Federal Government:
- Competitive salaries and career advancement opportunities
- Unparalleled training from the Defense Contract Audit Institute and many professional and leadership development programs
- Commitment to work-life balance
- Flexible work hours and teleworking opportunities
- Generous leave, benefits, and retirement packages
- Reimbursement for job-related education and certifications
Auditor positions currently available in the following duty locations:
Virginia: Reston, Falls Church, Chantilly, Sterling
Maryland: Greenbelt, Linthicum Heights, California
About DCAA: Auditing defense contracts is unlike anything you will do or see in the financial world. Before an aircraft carrier sails out to sea for the first time or the next generation of F35s takes to the skies, we've been on board. Before a new medevac helicopter lifts off, we've seen it being made. Whether its weapons, aircraft, ships, tanks, uniforms, satellites - we conduct independent assessments to ensure our military and taxpayers get the best value for every dollar spent. Our auditors provide a unique service to our country and make a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. Our civilian auditors support the warfighter and protect the taxpayer which provides a deep sense of pride and career gratification.
Positions are being filled under Direct-Hire Authority for Financial Management Experts. DCAA has delegated authority by the Office of the Secretary of Defense to directly appoint qualified candidates possessing a finance, accounting, management, or actuarial science degree, or a related degree from an accredited college or university in a field of study, or equivalent experience, related to the functions of the position to be filled.https://www.dcaa.mil/Careers/Direct-Hire-Event/