Summary Senior Systems Engineer Wright-Patterson AFB, OH
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega Agile Real-Time Solutions (CARS) was created with the purpose of providing integrated enterprise IT support to Federal customers both CONUS and OCONUS. CARS employs Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) with decades of experience working in the Federal marketplace.
CARS is excited to support Engineering, Professional, and Administrative Support Services (EPASS) by the Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC). The company will provide Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS) across five US work sites, including Wright-Patterson, Warner-Robins and Holloman Air Force Bases; Joint-Base Langley-Eustis, and at the Central Ohio Aerospace and Technology Center in Heath, Ohio. The contract will support the program execution to develop, acquire, field, and modernize capabilities in addition to life cycle management of assigned programs, all part of the AFLCMC Portfolio.
The Senior Systems Engineer
will perform work that applies a broad theoretical and practical knowledge of systems engineering to the acquisition process at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH. Responsibilities
- Provide support for the acquisition, development, or sustainment of weapon systems, subsystems, and support equipment.
- Provide technical assistance to the IPTs as it relates to Operational Safety, Suitability, & Effectiveness (OSS&E).
- Review Engineering Change Proposals (ECP), Requests for Deviation (RFD), and maintain system configuration baselines.
- Participate in Technology Insertion discussions, Configuration Control Boards (CCB), and Technical & Programmatic Reviews.
- Assist in performing Failure Analysis and the production of economical solutions to improve System Reliability, Maintainability, and Availability.
- Support weapons systems lifecycle analysis of alternatives, creation of investment strategies, design, manufacturing, development, support, and end-of-life processes.
- Apply an understanding of DoD, AF, and common engineering and scientific principles, criteria, and procedures to improve planned and existing AF and joint service weapon system manufacture, operations, re-manufacture, and de-militarization operations, and oversight
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Master's degree in engineering and 10+ years of experience in a respective technical/ professional discipline OR
- An American Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET)- accredited bachelor's degree, and 20+ years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline
- TS/SCI clearance required
How you'll grow
- Ability to travel up to 10% to other government sites.
- Ability to work independently and yet be effective within a team setting.
- Must be capable of managing multiple efforts with time-related constraints in a fast-paced contracting environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals.
- Friendly presence, helpful attitude, good interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Office applications.
- Experience working in a home office setting, and the ability to train end users on frequently asked technical issues.
- Ability to provide technical assistance and support over the phone with good phone skills and a professional demeanor.
- Previous customer service experience strongly desired.
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega Agile Real Time Solutions, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program