Summary Maintenance Technician II Huntsville, AL
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level! Our Strength Is Our People
We believe taking care of our employees will deliver the best support to our customers and our community. Our success is attributable to our employees. We recruit and retain civic-minded people who fit our family-oriented small business culture.
Venturi is the prime contractor on the Missile Defense Deployment & Sustainment Operations (MDDSO) contract supporting Missile Defense Agency on its multiple missions across the United States and around the world.On MDDSO, our technicians provide diverse packaging, handling, storage, maintenance, and transportation services.Our drivers at Schriever Space Force Base, CO, Redstone Arsenal, AL, Ft. Belvoir, VA, and greater Washington, DC area locations ensure safe transportation of employees and their possessions.These drivers play an important role in taking care of employees critical to protecting national security and keeping our warfighters safe.
Venturi, LLC, a Chenega company, has a challenging career opportunity for a Maintenance Technician II.
This indivdaual performs technical support engineering involving a sequence of related operations, like maintenance, transportation support, inventory/warehouse support, and test and engineering operations.
Fleet maintenance for our Department of Defense customer includes repairing, fabrication, manufacturing, rebuilding, assembly overhaul, modification, refurbishment, rebuilding, testing, analyzing, repair-process design, in-service engineering, upgrading, painting and disposal of parts, assembling, sub assembling components or end items that require shop facilities, tooling, support equipment, and/or personnel of higher technical skills or processes beyond the average level capability. Responsibilities Work you'll do
As a Maintenance Technician II
within our MDDSO
team, you will:
- Perform extremely high-profile work for the Department of Defense.
- Provide technical support engineering for following specific instructions, assembling, or constructing simple or standard equipment or parts and servicing or repairing simple instruments or equipment.
- Provide technical support engineering for conducting a variety of tests using established methods of preparing test specimens, adjusting and operating equipment, recording test data, and pointing out deviations resulting from equipment malfunction or observational errors.
- Provide technical support engineering for extracting engineering data from various prescribed but non-standardized sources, processing the data following well-defined methods, including elementary algebra and geometry, and present the data in prescribed form.
- Function independently to resolve problems.
- Advise staff members to meet established objectives.
- Perform maintenance and other logistics functions on fielded systems.
- Maintain inventory, prepare order quantities, and track resupply activities.
- Perform fleet planning, operation, and maintenance.
- Prepare materials for shipping.
- Conduct maintenance operations.
- Operate test and diagnostic equipment.
- Operate handling equipment.
- Operate/drive various vehicles.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Must demonstrate maturity and technical strength in the respective area of expertise and be able to adjust quickly to a complex and ever evolving scope of work
- Mechanical aptitude and the ability to conscientiously follow written and verbal instructions
- Proper use of standard hand tools and material handling equipment
- Operation of heavy equipment, including trucks and fork lifts for general material handling
- Ability to maintain a driver's license
- Ability to lift boxes, packages, and equipment weighing up to 100 pounds using proper equipment and lifting techniques
- Physically fit with full use of arms, legs, and back
- Ability to maintain required training and certifications
- Ability to use computers to search for and generate information using Microsoft
- Ability to travel 20-30% to CONUS and OCONUS locations.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required
- This position requires travel
- Valid driver's license is required
- Interim Secret clearance is required on day one and must have the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance over the life of the contract
How you'll grow
- Strong background in the following areas are preferred:
- Welding: MIG, TIG, and ARC (certifications are beneficial)
- Hydraulic systems repair, including cylinder evaluation and rebuild
- Electrical System Repair - A/C up to 480V 3ph. and D/C up to 48V
- HVAC categories EPA608 Universal with 410A and EPA609 (certifications are beneficial)
- Painting/respirator (qualification is beneficial)
- General mechanical repairs
- Experience on commercial and military type Material Handling Equipment is desired.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program