Summary Full Stack Developer Alexandria, VA
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
For 20+ years, NJVC has provided federal, DoD, and commercial customers with innovative and cost-effective solutions for their IT needs. NJVC approaches the work with the intensity expected of a mission-critical IT provider, working within the framework of people, processes, and technologies to meet customer requirements.
NJVC is glad to be supporting the Foundation Sustainment Services (FS2) contract that will establish the acquisition framework for delivering the full scope of information technology services and capabilities to support the Information Technology (IT) sustainment services for the Foundation GEOINT Integrated Program Office (IPF) and the FG capabilities/services in support of the NGA's Source Operations & Management Directorate's Foundation GEOINT Group (SF).
NJVC has an opening for an experienced Full Stack Developer
to modify existing GOTS code and integrate open-source software solutions for display and analysis within Aeronautical Production Systems. Responsibilities Work you'll do
As a Full Stack Developer
within our Foundation Sustainment Services ( FS2 )
team, you will:
- Primary responsibilities will involve using cloud computing expertise to provide the system administration and modification of existing GOTS code to integrate open-source software solutions for display in a web application.
- This role includes .NET application development within Redux and React frameworks, using various open-source packages for visualization and data filtering and code modifications that shall apply best practices in the unit and build testing.
- This role includes documentation of new and existing functionality within software version control repositories (GitLab) and utilizing DevOps principals and tools to deliver new features within an Agile construct.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- BS degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience OR
- Master's degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience OR
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and 12+ years of related experience
- Experience in either software development projects or software integration projects in a service-oriented environment (Cloud, SOA, Web-Services) or virtualization environment
- 2+ years of experience with unit testing, continuous integration tools, and git version control
- Active Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain an SCI
How you'll grow
- Experience with cloud-based architectures
- Understanding of DevOps methodologies and workflow
- Knowledge of the Architectural, SW Development, and SW Sustainment Practices
- Familiar with Java, NodeJS, PostgreSQL
- Familiar with build tools, such as Maven
- Familiar with Git/GitLab or other source code control tools
- Familiar with Amazon Web Services (S3 Buckets, EC2, Reserved Instances, etc.)
- Familiar with System Engineering documentation creation (VDDs, diagrams, etc.)
- Familiar with team collaboration tools (Jira, Confluence, RocketChat)
- Ability to work independently and yet be effective within a team setting
- Must be capable of managing multiple efforts with time-related constraints in a fast-paced contracting environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals
- Friendly presence, helpful attitude, good interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Office applications
- Experience working in a home office setting as well as the ability to train end users on frequently asked technical issues
- Ability to provide technical assistance and support over the phone with good phone skills and a professional demeanor
- Previous customer service experience strongly desired.
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program