RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Ensure accomplishment of all construction quality management functions on assigned projects in a Resident Office.
- Ensure accomplishment of all construction contract administration functions on assigned projects in a Resident Office in role of Contracting Officer?s Representative (COR).
- Prepare cost estimates for task orders and contract modifications.
- Participate in design review conferences and progress review meetings representing the Resident Office on assigned projects.
- Perform field investigations and technical research necessary to determine solutions to unusual problems.
QualificationsThis is an open continuous announcement: Applications will be reviewed and referred for selection at periodic cut-off dates, specifically by the 14th of the month. Applications will be reviewed and qualified candidates referred for consideration as vacancies occur within the organization.
- Appointment may be subject to a TIER 1 clearance as determined by a completed background investigation.
- Financial Disclosure Statement OGE Form 450 is required pre-employment and annually thereafter in accordance with DoD Directive 5500-7-R.
- Temporary Duty Travel (TDY) or business travel of 25% is required.
- Must obtain and maintain a valid state drivers license.
- Employee must obtain and maintain a Acquisition Contracting level II certification in accordance with DoDi 5000.66 Army regulation within 2 years of placement.
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment to conduct site investigations, work in all types of weather conditions, walk over rough, uneven surfaces, climb, stoop, bend, and enter confined spaces, must use hard hats and appropriate safety gear.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. of equipment and supplies.
- A one-year probationary period may be required if appointee has not previously completed one.
Who May Apply
: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) Interchange Agreement
- Executive Order (E.O.) 12721
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document .Basic Requirement for a Architect 0808 Series:
A. Degree: Bachelor's degree (or higher degree) in architecture or in a related field that included 60 semester hours of course work in architecture or related disciplines of which at least (1) 30 semester hours were in architectural design, and (2) 6 semester hours were in each of the following: structural technology, properties of materials and methods of construction, and environmental control systems.OR
B. Combination of Education and Experience: College-level education, training, and/or technical experience that furnished (1) a thorough knowledge of the arts and sciences underlying professional architecture, and (2) a good understanding, both theoretical and practical, of the architectural principles, methods, and techniques and their applications to the design and construction or improvement of buildings. The adequacy of such background must be demonstrated by at least one of the following: (1) Related Curriculum - Degree in architectural engineering provided the completed course work in architectural engineering provided knowledge, skills, and abilities substantially equivalent to those provided in the courses specified in statement A above, or (2) Experience: 1 year of experience in an architect's office or in architectural work for each year short of graduation from a program of study in architecture. In the absence of any college courses, 5 years of such experience is required. This experience must have demonstrated that you have acquired a thorough knowledge of the fundamental principles and theories of professional architecture.In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:Basic Requirement for all Engineers (Civil, Mechanical or Electrical):
https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0800/files/all-professional-engineering-positions-0800.pdfhttps://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0800/files/all-professional-engineering-positions-0800.pdf Basic Requirement for Architecture Positions:
https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0800/architecture-series-0808/ In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below: Specialized Experience:
One year of specialized experience which includes: Independently, with little supervision, provide timely decisions and execution of contract administrative actions and provide construction quality assurance on a variety of military or civil works construction projects. Utilize technical knowledge and experience exceeding that of a GS11 level in the Federal government performing work that involves the responsibility for ensuring the accomplishment of all construction contract administrative actions and ensuring the execution of all construction schedule, quality, and budgetary requirements. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-11 or above)
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
Time in Grade Requirement:
- Building and Construction
- Oral Communication
- Problem Solving
Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-11)
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.FOREIGN EDUCATION:
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html Additional information
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- This position requires you to submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE450) upon entry, and annually thereafter.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 18 - Engineers and Science position.
- You may claim military spouse preference (MSP).
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website .
- When you perform a Civilian Permanent Change of Station (PCS) with the government, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Visit https://www.dfas.mil/civilianemployees/civrelo/Civilian-Moving-Expenses-Tax-Deduction/ for more information.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .
- Position may be filled as a term appointment not to exceed 13 Months if the candidate is not a current permanent Army employee. Term appointments may be extended up to a maximum of 4 years. May not be made permanent unless employee holds noncompetitive appointment eligibility of a status candidate.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.
- Relocation/Recruitment Incentives may be authorized.
- Due to COVID-19, the agency is currently in an expanded telework posture. If selected, you may be expected to temporarily telework, even if your home is located outside the local commuting area. Once employees are permitted to return to the office, you will be expected to report to the duty station listed on this announcement within a designated time frame identified by the organization. At that time, you may be eligible to request to continue to telework one or more days a pay period depending upon the terms of the agency's telework policy.
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status of selectees for the purposes of implementing workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/ .