RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You will conduct "cradle-to-grave", or life-cycle contracting.
- Conduct acquisition planning, market research, oversee and participate in formal and informal source selection processes
- Conduct cost/price analysis, negotiate, prepare required pre- and post-award contract documents, and full contract administration and closeout.
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position requires DAWIA Contracting Foundational acquisition certification. The incumbent has 36 months to achieve this certification
- To avoid real or apparent conflicts of interest, you will be required to submit recurring Confidential Financial Disclosure Reports (OGE-450).
- The duties of this position require the incumbent to possess or obtain and maintain a valid state Driver's License in one of the 50 U.S. states or possessions to operate vehicles.
Applicants will be referred periodically throughout the open period. Final application disposition will be completed once all positions have been filled or the announcement reaches the end of the open period as stated above. Applications will expire 90 days after submission. To remain eligible for consideration, reapplying is required at the time of expiration .Who May Apply
: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
Basic Requirement for Contract Specialist: Degree:
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Current Department of Defense (DOD) Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Land Management Workforce Flexibility Act
- Military Spouses, under Executive Order (E.O.) 13473
- Non-Department of Defense (DoD) Transfer
- People with Disabilities, Schedule A
- Priority Placement Program, DoD Military Spouse Preference (MSP) Eligible
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) of 1998
Bachelor's degree (or higher degree) from an accredited educational institution authorized to grant baccalaureate degrees.
Exemption: You are exempt from the education requirements above if (A) you are a current civilian employee in DoD who occupied GS-1102 positions or contracting positions with authority to award or administer contracts above the simplified acquisition threshold in an Executive Department on or before September 30, 2000; OR (B) you are a current military member who occupied a similar occupational specialty to the GS (or equivalent)-1102 on or before September 30, 2000.In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:Specialized Experience:
One year of specialized experience which includes performing contract acquisition and procurement activities to include evaluating proposals, negotiating price, terms, and conditions of contracts; AND conducting pre and post-award functions for contract administration.. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-12).Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Contract Administration
- Contract Management
- Contracting Support
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-11). EducationFOREIGN EDUCATION:
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html Additional information
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct deposit of pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 14 - Contracting position
- You may claim military spouse preference (MSP).
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website .
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances ARE NOT authorized.
- Salary will be determined based on the duty location after selection. The salary listed reflects the 2023 General Schedule Base scale (without locality). Salary will be adjusted to meet the locality pay of the duty location upon selection. A complete list of salary tables can be found at: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/2023/general-schedule
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status of selectees for the purposes of implementing workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/.
- Safer Federal Workforce Task Force guidance on other Federal agency safety protocols based on vaccination status-including guidance on protocols related to masking, distancing, travel, testing, and quarantine-remains in effect. U.S. Army Corps of Engineers may continue to request information regarding the vaccination status of selectees for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.