RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You will assemble report information or responses related to academic procedure inquiries
- You will compile information or educational material in support of an education program
- You will answer inquiries regarding operations and policies and procedures of an academic organization
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Per the preliminary nationwide injunction on E.O. 14043, COVID-19 vaccinations will not be implemented or enforced. For more information on vaccine status and workplace safety protocol requirements see Additional Information below.
Qualifications and Competencies: GS-06
1) Assisting military and civilian educators by performing data analysis on various topics related to educational programs and the Brigade of Midshipmen; 2) Performing teaching load and space availability analysis in order to assist educators in scheduling faculty and classrooms, including courses taught during the academic periods of the day, and evening additional instruction and lectures; 3) Performing assignments involving the collection, analysis, and reporting of data for budget preparation. GS-05
1) Collecting, organizing, reviewing and processing administrative data to produce documentation (i.e., letters, guest speaker documents, instructional aids, class schedules, and/or examination materials); 2) Reviewing records, forms or files for accuracy and completeness; and 3) Performing administrative duties in a college/university environment (i.e., time and attendance processing and recording, web page maintenance, routine building maintenance, and/or maintain a calendar.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. Education
In lieu of general/specialized experience, you may qualify with the following education or combination of both education and experience:
Successful completion of four years of education above high school level
A combination of experience and education as described above that equates to one year of experience
A transcript must be submitted with your application if qualifying using education. See Required Documents for additional information. Additional informationCOVID VACCINATION INFORMATION:
To comply with the recent preliminary nationwide injunction on Executive Order 14043, Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees, the Department of the Navy is not taking any action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement. New hires will need to provide their vaccination status as well as comply with workplace safety protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Several vacancies may be filled.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf .
Veteran's preference does not apply when selecting individuals under this specific hiring authority. However, if you claim veteran's preference, you will be required to submit supporting documentation with your application as described in the Required Documents section below.