Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Principal Associate, Accounting
Global Finance supports all of Capital One's worldwide financial activities, including corporate-level financial reporting, internal control, intercompany and tax activities. Within Global Finance, the Treasury Accounting team is seeking a high-energy and forward-thinking professional to join us as a Principal Associate focused on Investment Accounting.
So who are you? As a member of the Treasury Accounting team, you're solid on your accounting principles and feel comfortable owning the accounting process end-to-end. You're a self-starter that continually looks for ways to improve what we do and how we do it, including embracing new technologies. You have a great attention to detail and feel comfortable diving into the numbers to provide in-depth analysis to our various business partners. Most importantly, you're a team player that comes ready to uplift others and make Capital One a great company and a great place to work. Responsibilities:
- Lead in the development, testing and implementation of project requirements
- Review teams progress and issues during projects while providing guidance and support to ensure timely delivery
- Perform ad-hoc business analysis on Investment and Funding portfolio(s) to identify variances / trends to communicate to management and business partner team(s)
- Perform technical research on treasury accounting issues and review write-ups; draft and/or review treasury-related information in the 10-K, 10-Q, earnings release and other regulatory filings for accuracy.
- Ensure compliance with SEC regulations and other regulatory guidance.
- Partner with project management and business partner teams, to design and implement new business product / program initiatives and processes
- Supervise efforts to centralize, eliminate, automate or outsource activities, and implement process improvements
- Lead coordination of internal audit review and SOX compliance
- Perform ad-hoc requests and support special projects
- Inform and educate management on the the implementation of applicable new accounting standards
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in accounting, finance, or audit, or a combination
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Certification
- At least 5 years of experience in accounting, finance, or audit, or a combination
- At least 3 years of experience SimCorp, Python, or SQL, or Tableau, or a combination
- At least 3 years of people management experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $118,700 - $135,400 for Principal Associate, Accounting
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).