Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Associate, Data Management
As a Senior Associate, Enterprise Services Risk Data Management, you will play a key role in Capital One's data transformation efforts. You will work with data producers and consumers, technical teams and risk guides to develop and implement data management practices and risk solutions to ensure Capital One's continued stability and success.
You will influence and support organizational change in an open, collaborative environment where new ideas and solutions are both welcomed and rewarded. In this role, you will apply your problem solving, collaboration, and communication skills to provide advice to eleven horizontal business teams across Enterprise Services Risk.
Enterprise Services Risk professionals are highly motivated with excellent project management and communication skills. They have a high level of exposure across multiple Lines of Business and the opportunity to work with leaders to create and implement innovative solutions to drive improvements and mitigate potential risks to the Company. Responsibilities:
- Define and execute processes to monitor data governance policies and procedures to ensure data integrity and privacy, establish consistent data definitions, and monitor overall data quality
- Work collaboratively to ensure data stores and applications adhere to defined data management and data access practices, policies, and procedures
- Develop and maintain formal process documentation including procedures, process flow diagrams, and data flow diagrams
- Evaluate data management, data quality, and data access processes for gaps, inefficiencies, and opportunities; provide recommendations for improvement and implementation
- Implement solutions and processes for management and governance across data quality metrics, metadata, lineage, data access rights, and business definitions
- Lead projects to deliver complex data management solutions, working with internal and external partners
- Supporting audits and regulatory exams related to data governance
- Identify and implement process improvements driving issue resolution/risk mitigation activities
- Perform data governance activities such as:
- Document and support data management controls
- Create and monitor data management metrics
- Partner with product and risk on the execution of data management policies, standards, and procedures
- Work with LOBs on priorities, impediments, and solutions
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 4 years of experience in risk management, data management, or data analytics
Responsibilities: At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of business process improvement experience
- 2+ years of experience as a project manager or process manager within the financial services industry
- 2+ years of experience in risk management or assurance within the financial services industry
- Lean Six Sigma Certified, CISSP, CISM, or CISA
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).