The Program Manager for The Office of External Relations provides complex administrative and programmatic management for the External Relations Office in the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences (BSOS). This position reports to the Chief Development Officer and is responsible for providing the Chief Development Officer and other members of the BSOS Office of External Relations with executive administrative management at a professional level. This position includes a development role, working directly with alumni and donors. The Program Manager for The Office of External Relations is responsible for program strategy and coordination for the Chief Development Officer, and at times, the Dean and other college leadership when they are involved in fundraising activity.
The Program Manager for The Office of External Relations works with the management and strategic planning for the BSOS Board of Visitors. They will work with the Chief Development Officer to manage recruitment, strategic planning, meeting topics and logistics.
The Program Manager manages all budgets and financial reporting needs for the unit, as well as managing policies and implementation with college-wide programs and department units. They will manage expenses and payments to internal and external contacts.
The role also includes collaboration on event planning for the External Relations Office on an as needed basis, including preparing briefings for the Dean as needed. Attendance at events during and after regular office hours and weekends may be necessary. Limited travel, primarily in the College Park area is necessary.
Education (include licenses, certifications, etc.):
Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least three years of relevant experience in non-profit, higher education or related field, including fundraising, alumni affairs, communications, event planning and/or public relations.
- Experience with email and contact management systems, such as Emma, Advance or Blackbaud.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills to manage multiple deadlines, projects, contacts and details.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Strong writing, editing and research skills.
- Collaborative mindset and ability to interact effectively with both external and internal audiences.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, think proactively, and work independently, using good judgment and experience to make decisions.
- Demonstrate strategic thinking to build cohesive and integrative programs and communications.
- Strong computer skills including expertise in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Google Suite and virtual platforms such as Zoom.
- Prior experience in fundraising/development environment.
- Workday experience.