Summary Acquisition Project Manager Arlington, VA
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega IT Enterprise Services (CITES) offers forward-thinking technology solutions to federal agencies and the DoD. Formed in 2016 to serve federal customers CONUS, CITES has grown quickly into a best practices leader for the modern federal enterprise.
The Army Technical Management and Support Services (
TMASS) IDIQ contract and its associated task orders provide a full range of integrated Program Management & Operations, Business Management, Technical Management, Project Analysis & Mission Continuity Support services, and solutions necessary for Army PEO EIS to satisfy its mission to Rapidly deliver integrated, innovative and cost-effective systems and services for the Total Force, to globally connect the Army and provide a decisive information advantage to every soldier.
This Acquisition Project Manager
shall manage the daily acquisition operations of the Army Case Execution System (ACES) Program Management Office (PMO). The Acquisition Project Manager
will create, execute, and improve business processes for ACES to be consistent with PEO EIS and the Army acquisition community. The Acquisition Project Manager
uses knowledge of the Department of Defense (DoD) program management and acquisition lifecycle processes to plan and conduct acquisition activities through the program/project life cycle from the description of the requirements through product/solution delivery. The Acquisition Project Manager
will engage with external and internal stakeholders as requested. The Acquisition Project Manager
possesses experience in leading and performing support activities throughout the program life cycle with a focus on program execution, management controls, analyses, and reporting that contribute to product development, achievement of program milestones, and advising and informing leadership. Responsibilities Work you'll do
As an Acquisition Project Manager
within our Army Technical Management and Support Services (TMASS) Army Case Execution System (ACES)
team, you will:
- Supervise a team of acquisition and technical management professionals to support the ACES program with a broad range of business activities across the program life cycle, spanning from strategy to solution, at the programmatic, operational, and technical levels
- Prepare, review, and revise acquisition documents by DoD, Department of the Army (DA), and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) guidance and requirements, including compliance with applicable policies and regulations from federal, DoD, and DA levels, including but not limited to DoD 5000, 7000, and 8000 Series, Army Regulations (ARs) 1-1 and 70-1, and OMB Circular A-11, "Preparation and Submission of Budget Estimates"
- Assist in the drafting, revising, maintaining, and coordinating of acquisition documentation required by DoD, DA, and OMB, including but not limited to Business Case Analyses (BCA), Acquisition Strategies and Plans (AS/AP), Independent Government Cost Estimates (IGCE), Services Contract Approval Request (SCAR), Market Research, Performance Work Statements (PWS), etc.
- Ensure consistency across acquisition documentation in the project office
- Draft, coordinate, and submit acquisition reports
- Lead and perform risk management, including identifying, managing, assessing, and mitigating cost, schedule, and performance risk, determining impacts across all program areas, and defining realistic burn-down plans
- Coordinate, staff, and develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), policies, and memorandums as necessary and appropriate for the smooth operation of the PMO
- Produce and maintain weekly summaries, progress/status reports, quad charts to support staff meetings, meeting minutes, action items, notes, request for information, and ad hoc reporting as required by leadership
- Coordinate support for program office events
- Conduct research, analysis, and tracking to develop white papers, decision papers, assessments, briefings, and other documentation on project or product management.
- Draft, analyze, integrate, review, and provide recommendations for milestones and other documentation by government, DoD, and Army regulations
- Gather information, identify issues, provide recommendations, and draft documentation to achieve overall goals for strategic planning
- Recommend resolution of issues for milestone decisions
- Develop and maintain a work breakdown structure
- Prepare and maintain program documentation
- Capture meeting minutes and prepare meeting reports
- Develop and maintain a documentation management plan
- Provide program support for reviews, conferences, briefings, and other meetings
- Develop and implement a risk management strategy and plan and prepare risk assessments, analyses, studies, and recommendations
- Identify and analyze metrics to track process performance and monitor the use of the metrics
- Facilitate and participate in IPTs, special advisory boards, off-site meetings, working groups, audit teams, etc.
- Analyze, evaluate, and prepare program briefs, reports, and correspondence
- Provide oral and written communications to interface with commands and other activities across the Army
- Develop, review, and update charters, MOAs, MOUs, and organizational charts to enable more effective communication and organization for the program and stakeholders
- Develop, document, and perform ad hoc queries of data, as requested.
- Perform quality assurance checks on vendor data file submissions before data loads into databases and notify PD ES personnel of data errors that require correction and/or resubmission of a data file.
- Perform all correction/ formatting issues and/or errors within data files before loading data into the database, coordinate with PD ES personnel, contractors, vendors, etc., as required.
- Establish and maintain a mechanism to track and process recurring activities/events, including the ability to independently manage an automated tracking system of all action items, including Staff Action Coordinating Office (SACO) correspondence reporting and project/product documentation
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Master's degree required
- 15+ years of relevant work experience
- Working knowledge and application of DoD/Army 5000 and 8000 series and DoD acquisition and contract processes, procedures, and guidance
- Secret clearance required
How you'll grow
- Working knowledge and application of DoD 5000 and 8000 series and DoD acquisition.
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodology.
- DoD Acquisition certifications (DAWIA) are preferred.
- Strong coordination, organization, teaming, and communication skills.
- Must have excellent organizational, scheduling, and prioritization skills and maintain a high level of confidentiality, ethics, and integrity.
- Ability to work well individually or in a group setting.
- Ability to work under pressure and with time constraints.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Office, Outlook, Utilize AutoCAD, Visio, and MS Project 2007 programs.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision or guidance.
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega IT Enterprise Services, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program