Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is committed to building a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity, belonging and equity for all. We believe that our greatest strength draws on the different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences of our employees.
Westat has an immediate opening for a Research Associate - Project Management to support project directors on technical and financial aspects of their contracts. The candidate will be responsible for assisting with writing monthly progress reports, including summarizing work conducted and funds expended. The candidate will also contribute to the development of cost proposals, including serving as budget lead in developing proposal budgets and assumptions. This role also includes researching and contacting vendors, including focus group facilities and survey panel companies, as well as and other subcontractors for cost estimates and other logistical support.
This position also offers opportunities to provide technical support to projects (e.g., conducting interviews; preparing IRB/OMB materials, managing data collection). Job Responsibilities:
- Assist with project management activities, including monitoring the work of vendors and subcontractors.
- Provide budget and technical support to Project Directors.
- Prepare proposal budgets and draft some technical sections of proposals such as past experience and staffing.
- Track awards status on tasks under the FDA BPA.
- Maintain all proposal and contract cost history for the tasks under the BPA
- Requires a bachelor's degree and 5-8 years of related work experience, including at least 3 years of working on technical and financial aspects of federal contracts.
- Demonstrated intermediate MS Excel skills such as pivot tables.
- Expertise working in contracting/consulting firm.
- Ability to work with multiple corporate support functions (contracts, accounting, proposal pricing).
- Ability to communicate financial information to project directors.
- Ability to track and provide feedback to vendors and subcontractors on work performance.
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Subject to plan requirements, employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave (15 days per year)
- Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Holiday Leave ( 7 government holidays plus 2 floating holidays)
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.