Nurse Practitioner Cardiovascular Surgery: Day Shift, Full Time AMG Cardiac Surgery
Adventist Medical Group seeks to hire an experienced Nurse Practitioner Cardiovascular Surgery for our AMG Cardiac Surgery who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental, and spiritual healing..
As a Nurse Practitioner Cardiovascular Surgery you will:
• • Diagnosis and treatment of work-related injuries and illnesses within the ARNP scope of practice.
• Monitor course of treatment and make referrals to other health care providers as necessary.
• Coordination of care/case management as indicated, including collaboration with medical consultants and other healthcare/rehabilitation providers, attorneys, the employee' supervisor, and the employee.
• Diagnosis and treatment of non-work-related injury and illness that requires limited follow up and fall under ARNP scope of practice. Fitness for duty evaluation and screening, including modified duty and appropriate restrictions as warranted by evaluation, unable to work and return to work protocols.
• Conditions for which therapy may be initiated by the ARNP. Musculoskeletal: Strains and sprains, sciatica, inflammation, effusions, non-displaced fractures, contusions, or other conditions which the ARNP has been educated to treat. Dermatologic conditions: Dermatitis, fungal or bacterial infections, puncture wounds, lacerations, abrasions, burns including first and second degree and other conditions which the ARNP has been educated to treat.
• Infectious disease: Prevention, monitoring and treatment of infections which the ARNP has been educated to treat. Conjunctivitis, corneal abrasion, non-imbedded foreign bodies of the eye. Any other minor chronic problem or illness which the ARNP has been educated to treat.
• Treatments that may be initiated by the ARNP. Diet, activity, exercises, counseling, education, safety and general health promotion and maintenance activities.
• Routine and emergent laboratory studies including culture and sensitivities, physical therapy, occupational therapy, audiometry, and any other lab test determined to be medically necessary. Xray testing for diagnosis of fractures, infections and skeletal dislocation.
• Application of splints, immobilizers, slings, ice or heat therapy.
• ACLS protocol may be initiated to the full extent of available equipment depending on client condition and judgement of the ARNP at the particular time and situation.
• Pharmacologic measures the ARNP may initiate, dispense, monitor and alter or order: Over the counter drugs.
• Prescription drugs in the following categories: Anti-inflammatories, non-steroidal and steroidal antibiotics and antimicrobials (oral, topical, and injectable), non-narcotic analgesia, vaccinations, laxatives, emergency drugs per ACLS protocol, antihistamines, antiemetics, local anesthesia both topical and injectable, antispasmodics, bronchial dilators, metered dose inhalation therapies, anti-tussive, decongestants, expectorants, optic and ophthalmic preparations including cerumen softeners, antibiotics, steroids, and anesthetics, topical steroids, anti-fungal; creams, lotions, and ointments, muscle relaxants, antihypertensives, diuretics, oral hypoglycemics, and injectable hypoglycemics, injectable insulin preparations, thyroid replacement therapy, vitamin therapy, Iron therapy and antacids.
• Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities. Demonstrate accurate documentation and monitoring of activities as needed.
• Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the standards and initiatives set by the department.
• Follows CDC isolation guidelines, infection control practices, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, conducts handwashing according to policy and enforces safety regulations.
• Bachelor's degree in nursing
• Master's degree, and postgraduate training in a clinical specialty are required.
• 2 years' clinical experience strongly preferred.
•Certification as a Certified Registered Nurse Practitioner (CRNP), and State authority for advanced practice required
•Current Maryland license from the Board of Nursing
•Eligibility to participate in the Medicare Program
•Active American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
The candidate will serve 3-8 patients per day. Patients consisting of consults for heart surgery and structural heart, postoperative follow ups, and surveillance of dilated thoracic aorta.
Young adult through geriatric populationAt Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you.
We do this by offering:
- Work life balance through nonrotating shifts
- Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Free Employee parking
- Benefits Eligible Positions:
- Competitive, comprehensive benefit plans [including health, employer-paid disability and life insurance, PTO]
- Employer retirement contribution and match after 1-year of eligible employment with 3 year vesting
- Ancillary benefits such as flexible spending, legal and pet insurance to meet the needs of employees and their eligible family members
- Subsidized childcare at participating childcare centers
As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Join the Adventist HealthCare team today, apply now to be considered! COVID-19 Vaccination
Adventist HealthCare requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment. Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and , if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at a n designated Adventist HealthCare location. Tobacco and Drug Statement
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine and drug use.
While some jurisdictions, including Maryland, permit the use of marijuana for medical purposes, marijuana continues to be classified as an illegal drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act. As a result, medical marijuana use will not be accepted as a valid explanation for a positive drug test result.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine) and marijuana. Those testing positive are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing. Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to attracting, engaging, and developing the best people to cultivate our mission-centric culture. Our goal is to have a welcoming, equitable, and safe place to work and grow for all employees, no matter their background. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Adventist HealthCare will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Adventist HealthCare is a religious organization as defined under applicable law; however, it will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants' religious beliefs.
Applicants who wish to request accommodations for disabilities or religious belief should contact the Support Center HR Office.