The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a full deputy to the United States Property and Fiscal Officer (USPFO), fully sharing in the direction of all phases of the organization's program.
As a Program Manager, you will:
- Serve as a full deputy to the USPFO. Plan, organize, and oversee the activities of the USPFO in their state. Develop goals and objectives that integrate manpower and personnel support objectives into the state, short and long-term operational plans. Establish, revise, or review policies, procedures, mission objectives, and organizational design for the USPFO and staff, to ensure work problems or barriers for mission accomplishment is eliminated.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the OUSPFO, to include receipt, accountability, contracting, disbursement, and certification of all federal resources (funds, equipment, supplies, services) provided to the State for which the USPFO is responsible. The Deputy USPFO will take appropriate action, immediately notifying the USPFO, the Adjutant General (AG) and/or CNGB (as appropriate), to report irregularities, misuse or abuse of Federal property or funds issued to the National Guard of the State within their jurisdiction.
- Provide advice and assistance to units/organizations/activities within the state to ensure that Federal funds and property are used in conformance with applicable laws/regulations, within statutory limits. Perform returns and create reports on Federal funds and property as directed by the Secretaries of the Army and Air Force and the Chief, National Guard Bureau (Title 32 U.S.C. 708). Exercise supervisory human resources responsibilities. Direct, coordinate, and oversee work through subordinate supervisors. Advise staff regarding policies, procedures, and directives of higher-level management or headquarters.
- Plan and coordinate logistics policies to implement Federal law and higher-level directives. Provide optimum support to subordinate organizations in asset acquisition, storage, distribution, and accountability. Responsible for ensuring the stock record account is properly maintained. Ensure proper operation of supply/storage distribution points within the state National Guard and maintenance of required records.
- Ensure Federal resources are properly obtained, programmed, and executed in support of new and emerging missions. Establish and adjust long-range and short-range plans for the development and improvement of logistics and fiscal programs to ensure that plans meet mission requirements and incorporate the latest technological advances. Serve on various decision-making or advisory boards, councils, or committees at the national, state, and regional level.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
For the full list of duties and responsibilities, please refer to this link . RequirementsConditions of Employment
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact the DC Army National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position at (202) 536-9818.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance of the position.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- May occasionally be required to work other than normal duty hours; overtime may be required.
- This is a Financial Management Level 3 Certified position. Incumbent shall comply with the requirements of this certification program.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Financial Disclosure is REQUIRED.
- Rank Restrictions: LTC (O5)
- ***APPLICATIONS WILL BE PULLED EVERY 30 DAYS UNTIL POSITIONS ARE FILLED OR UNTIL THE CLOSEOUT DATE IS REACHED***
Area I : Current onboard of the DCNG - Title 32 and Title5 employees who have maintained military membership in the DCANG/ DCARNG.
Area III : Current or former uniformed service members (Active, Reserve, Guard) nationwide who are eligible for military membership in the DCANG/ DCARNG.
Military Grade: OFFICERS ONLY
MILITARY REQUIREMENTS :
- Rank:O-5 / LTC
- Compatible Military Assignment:01A -- Immaterial
You must meet the minimum military rank as specified in this announcement (if you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a DC Army National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position at (202) 536-9818). Applicants applying to this position who exceed the maximum military grade listed on this job announcement must submit a statement in writing that they are willing to take an administrative reduction in grade to the advertised military grade on the job announcement for which applying. Applicants who exceed the military grade will notbe placed into the technician position until they have been administratively reduced to the military grade on the job announcement. Although the compatible military grade and assignment is not required prior to the effective date of placement; please note that exceeding the maximum rank does not automatically qualify you for consideration.
Must have a general experience, education, or training in managing or directing, one or more programs, including appropriate supporting service organizations. Supervisory, managerial, professional, or technical work experience and/or training which has provided knowledge of management principles, practices, methods, and techniques. Experience using computer and automation systems.
To qualify, you must meet the following requirements: have at least 36 months
of specialized experience
with analytical and evaluative techniques to issues or studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of program operations carried out by administrative or professional personnel, or substantive administrative support functions. Have knowledge of the organization and its mission and how to utilize the organizational staff procedures that include Project Management associated with Military Programs which involve management of a project's scope, schedule, and budget; providing technical leadership guidance to team members for various projects; resolving project issues that are either political or technical in nature. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade level position in the federal service (GS-13).
Must have supervisory experience managing the function of the work to be performed that includes leading, directing and assigning work of personnel.
Credit will be given for all qualifying experience, paid, unpaid/ volunteer, or part-time work. You must clearly describe the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week including volunteer experience work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social).
If qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Please be advised:
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the DC Army National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the DC Army National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- May be required tooperate motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state driver's license for the state of District of Columbia.
- This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
- Must have the ability to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
- Security clearance (Secret or Top Secret) may be required; the applicant must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within one year of appointment.
- The incumbent will be subject to Financial Disclosure for this position.
1. Specialized experience will be used to determine qualifications for the announced position.
2. An applicant's RESUME must provide, in detail, how they meet the specialized experience listed.
3. It must be documented with "from (mm/yy)" and "to (mm/yy)" dates and description of the specialized experience.
4. If education or a degree is required as part of the "Specialized Experience", you must include transcripts.
Do not copy the specialized experience qualifications word for word and place into your resume; you must describe your personal experience as it pertains to each statement. Education
- May qualify based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts may be found in this document .
- Substitution of Education for specialized experience is allowed. Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in any field leading to a bachelor's degree, in an accredited college or university, meets the GS-5 level requirements.
To receive credit for Education, you must provide documentation of proof that you meet the Education requirements for this position. Note:
Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/ .
If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html . Additional information
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered, or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency ( https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx ).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .
Selected Reserve Incentive Program : Acceptance of this position will cause termination of Federal bonuses pursuant to respective Selected Reserve Incentive Programs (SRIP). This termination may be with or without recoupment of payments already made.