Center 3 (19075), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Principal Associate, Cyber Product Owner
Capital One is seeking a technical security solution product associate to engage CapOne Product and Tech leaders to manage and execute to completion, strategic enterprise level initiatives to further improve SaaS security at Capital One. Along with strategic initiatives the associate will be working to perform assessments based on Cyber threat, data, and design thinking. These assessments will be primarily focussed on SaaS solutions and 3rd party cloud connectivity architectures. At Capital One, we believe in the values of Excellence and Doing the Right Thing. We are a technology-oriented company delivering financial products to the market through modern technology and constant innovation at a massive scale. Part of that innovation is leveraging technology to deliver the best cybersecurity solutions for the business.
As a security assessor and product owner supporting the Cloud Platform Security - SaaS Team, you're able to seamlessly switch from risk conversations to diving deep into controls and technology to driving security solutions. You are naturally curious and stay on top of emerging trends and threats. You are not afraid to question any existing processes and solutions, yet you display a keen sense of business value proposition and focus on the right priorities. You are a clear thinker, thrive in working across teams, and an expert in dealing with ambiguity. You believe that a core component of security is to enable the business, not just to secure it, and the solutions you bring to life are aligned to the needs of our developer community, business partners and most importantly our customers. You thrive in working in a fast paced, technologically forward leaning environment and are not afraid to push the boundaries of security capabilities. Ownership of work, creative problem solving skills, paired with a keen focus on creating value by working with partners across the enterprise, will be critical for success in this role. What you'll do:
- Perform cyber security assessments of our Software as a Service (SaaS) applications against a set of predefined security controls and requirements
- Work with internal tech teams and external vendor POCs to ensure the SaaS applications aligns with COF security requirements
- Verify (i.e. evidence validation) SaaS controls are adequately being met and effectively challenge teams if a control is not aligned
- Effectively communicate SaaS assessment findings and results to respective stakeholders
- Perform peer review of other team members' assessments
- Consistently look for ways to improve and strengthen SaaS security compliance guidelines and provide recommendations to improve our assessment products and processes
- Execute on our risk-based and data-driven strategy and roadmap for enterprise security services and solutions, in partnership with engineering and operations partners, customers, and other stakeholders
- Analyze and select alternatives based on threat, risk, desirability, feasibility, and viability
- Advise executive decision makers based on business and technology risk grounded in threat
- Maintain technical and risk credibility with your own team and with partners across the enterprise
- Maintain close ties to developers across the company, ensuring the services we assess and products/processes we create meet their needs as products evolve
- Iterate quickly and see the products and processes through to enterprise wide adoption and scale
- Establish product value propositions, metrics, and key indicators
- Collaborate with team leadership and SMEs to help them drive enterprise level strategic initiatives to improve SaaS security at Capital One as whole, beyond SaaS Assessments
- Perform occasional side desk projects such as creating presentations if that particular SaaS warrants extra attention and SLT read-out
- Admin tasks: creating Jira tickets for projects, attending status meetings, tracking work progress and completed activities
- You have the ability to foster collaborative, open, working relationships with technology groups and other stakeholders, including vendor relationships
- You have demonstrated clear communication skills and ability to interact effectively at all levels of an organization, as well as translate technical information based on specific audiences
- You have ability to drill and understand complex technical systems to perform effective threat and risk analysis
- You are willing and able to go beyond assessments and grow into a Product Manager owning a strategic SaaS security initiative
- You are willing and able to upskill yourself as required through the completion of a series of complementary technical and risk certifications as well as online learning in a timeboxed period
- You have passion and expertise in one or more of the following areas: Technical project management, product management, cloud security, network security, product security, DevSecOps, application security, network exploitation, vulnerability management, data protection, DLP, host & endpoint security, detection & response, threat intelligence & investigations, or identity & access management.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 4 years of experience working in cybersecurity or information technology
- At least 1 year of experience in digital product management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in Cybersecurity, Systems Engineering, or Computer Science
- 4+ years of experience in scaled agile product management
- 2+ years of experience solving cyber technical challenges
- 2+ years of experience translating business strategy and analysis into products
- 2+ years of Cyber product owner experience
- 2+ years of experience in technical writing
- 2+ years of hands-on JIRA experience
- Experience in regulated financial services organizations and/or tech companies
- 2 or more professional certifications (CISSP, GIAC, CISM, CCSP, CISA, CRISC, SAFe Product Management, AWS Security, AWS Advanced Networking Specialty, AWS Solutions Architect)
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Location is New York City: $161,900 - $184,800 for Prin Assoc, Cyber Technical
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).