Summary Acquisition Program Analyst/Scheduler, Senior Ft. Belvoir, VA
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega IT Enterprise Services (CITES) offers forward-thinking technology solutions to federal agencies and the DoD. Formed in 2016 to serve federal customers CONUS, CITES has grown quickly into a best practices leader for the modern federal enterprise.
The Acquisition Program Analyst/Scheduler, Senior
will lead and/or support all aspects of program management, including schedule management, risk management, cost management, contract management, metrics definition and analysis, and program reporting. The Acquisition Program Analyst/Scheduler, Senior
uses knowledge of the Department of Defense (DoD) program management and acquisition lifecycle processes to plan and conduct acquisition activities through the program/project life cycle from the description of the requirements through product/solution delivery. The Acquisition Program Analyst/Scheduler, Senior
will engage with external and internal stakeholders as requested. The Acquisition Program Analyst/Scheduler, Senior
possesses the experience needed to develop and maintain a project-level Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) for use on a day-to-day basis to monitor project execution and periodically assess overarching progress in meeting project cost, schedule, and performance goals and objectives. Responsibilities
- Advise the government on current DoD policies and procedures to support major program decisions and recommend strategies and techniques for successful conclusions
- Participate in strategic planning, acquisition planning, and investment planning
- Support the development of project plans aligned with program goals and objectives
- Develop, coordinate, and maintain a consolidated Integrated Master Plan (IMP)
- Define program management performance measures and metrics, gather supporting data, and prepare associated status reports for leadership reviews
- Prepare, review, and revise acquisition documents by DoD, Department of the Army (DA), and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) guidance and requirements, including compliance with applicable policies and regulations from federal, DoD, and DA levels, including but not limited to DoD 5000, 7000, and 8000 Series; Army Regulations (ARs) 1-1 and 70-1; and OMB Circular A-11, "Preparation and Submission of Budget Estimates"
- Review programmatic documents, prepare comments with rationale, identify key concerns with a recommended action for resolution, and collaborate as necessary to ensure proper understanding
- Oversee the incorporation of technical, logistical, contractual, and programmatic changes into the IMS on a real-time basis to maintain accurate and current project baselines and projections
- Review, monitor, and track changes in stakeholder schedules regularly
- Consult with management and customers on modifications for optimum schedules
- Publish the IMS to a Project Server site to support the collection and organization of data and the interpretation of timelines
- Create and run ad hoc reports when requested by users and stakeholders and verify the reports are accurate and as expected.
- Lead/participate in program reviews, assess the alignment of activities with acquisition strategy and program plan, and determine the feasibility of execution within the defined program baselines
- Prepare IMSs by industry best practices, and ensure that schedules include program deliverables, are resource-loaded, contain predecessors/successor relationships, depict a critical path, align with the program/project work breakdown structure (WBS), and indicate the status of each task
- Maintain the program/project IMSs as the day-to-day tool for planning, executing, and tracking program technical, schedule, and cost status, including risk mitigation efforts
- Ensure scheduled activities are included for all disciplines and support functions
- Perform schedule management, including managing/analyzing the critical path, and making recommendations to the government on the reallocation of resources from noncritical activities to those that must be completed on time
- Develop and present corrective action plans and mitigation strategies based on schedule risk assessment, project health, and critical path analysis
- Create schedule graphics for multiple briefings that helped to portray the tasks, events, and their associated dependencies in a more comprehensible format
- Collaborate with all Working Integrated Program Teams (WIPTs) to gather input, track progress, and review all inputs and outputs for completeness and accuracy
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree OR
- High school diploma or GED and 4+ additional years of equivalent experience
- 11+ years of relevant work experience
- Working knowledge of DoD acquisition policies and processes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project
- Active Secret or Interim Secret clearance
How you'll grow
- Ability to create schedules by best scheduling practices as defined by the Defense Contract Management Agency 14-point schedule health rules, including the ability to create a Master Schedule from smaller component schedules that come from both contractor and other government organizations
- Ability to compute schedule metrics, like Baseline Execution Index (BEI), Critical Path Length Index (CPLI), and Hit/Miss Index
- Strong coordination, organization, teaming, and communication skills
- Excellent organizational, scheduling, and prioritization skills
- Works well individually or in a group setting.
- Ability to listen and understand task descriptions and requests
- Ability to explain problem resolutions
- Ability to quickly respond to time-critical queries from leadership
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision or guidance
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega IT Enterprise Services, LLC Teleworking Details
Telework at the discretion of the government client
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program